Handbrake cable snapped at one side?

Im not 100% sure but its my best guess, basically my handbrake is shit.

If i jack up the back of the car and apply the handbrake, the nsr wheel still spins freely, but the osr wheel locks as it should.

Im guessing the cable has snapped on the passenger side.

What do i need to replace this? the whole cable from the handbrake lever back?

Where can i get this?

Cheers

there are 3 parts to the cable mate, a short one from the lever to a rocker bar and then one to each side. Most motor factors will be able to get them for you as ADL blueprint make them for the GT and the Glanza and there much cheaper than the oem ones from Toyota but there just as good! I would check the caliper is free first and moving on the slides. is there excessive movement on the had brake lever?

Id say the caliper might be seized mate if the cable was snapped you would expect the handbrake lever to come up very high as there is no tension on the split bit in the cable.

Always inspect before commiting.

Edited by StuDoc 72

if the caliper is seized it take it the brake wont work when i press the footbrake?

reason i ask is i have a rolling road brake tester at work i can put the car on, so that would show me if its seized or not?

The cable could just be seized on at that side, pulling the lever back on the caliper therefore sticking the brake on.

Get it up on a ramp and check it all over first, you might not even need to order parts, i got mine sorted with a good strip & clean and i unseized the cables by soaking them in lubricant :)