Hello from Dundee Scotland

Hi all,

Just signed up to the site after buying a Toyota glanza v its a 1996 with a forged engine and hybrid turbo, its needs some work to get it up and running and I'm hoping to find parts and some advice here.

The car will be my day to day runabout as I also own a white tommi makinen evo vi with 22k miles that I only use at the weekends and in nice weather.

Need to find out how to attach pictures so I can stick up a few of my cars.

Looking forward to getting involved and the site looks good with plenty info.

Welcome along, get some pics of the evo up ;D, i know the glanza that you've bought (i think lol), give me a shout if u wana know anything about it

Cheers for the welcome,

Hi mate, I may have seen yours about in Dundee. I was tempted to stop a nice looking white 1 in Dundee a few weeks ago to have a word about a few things I wasn't sure about. It was parked outside a takeaway shop I dropped a friend off when I came back round it was gone.

I bought from a lad with the same name as you, only a week or 2 ago.

I Could do with some advice on a few things I'm not sure about. Ill drop you a pm and if you have time and can come round for a quick look I'd appreciate that.

Did someone mention pictures? Go on then :)

My uk ralliart Evo vi gsr #160

evoforsale004.jpg

evoforsale003.jpg

evoforsale002.jpg

evoforsale001.jpg

Removed the rear diff and tank and rear suspension to replace a few bushes and ended up painting the rear end and powder coating a few bits.

evoforsale006.jpg

evoforsale007.jpg

Tommi Makinen Evo vi 22k only owned this since June bought it from a lad on mlr forum with no front bumper no mot or no tax heard it running but never drove it.

Its immaculate and has been kept indoors most of its time since being imported.

The day I bought it in Liverpool.

null-185.jpg

null-184.jpg

How it looks now..

null-183.jpg

null-181.jpg

null-179.jpg

And recently a stripe kit fitted.

null-178.jpg

null-177.jpg

The glanza, always wanted 1 of these but never had the chance before now this will be my day to day car so won't be chasing peformance figures just looking to make it reliable day to day.

null-193.jpg

null-192.jpg

null-191.jpg

null-190.jpg

Nice looking glanza you have! Almost as nice as mine ;-)

yours is lovely looking. I wanted a white 1 too,all my cars are usually white in colour I've got a thing for white cars :)

I tend to buy a model of car I'm after and 9/10 it will be in white except when they don't come in white.

Not many cars dont come in white as a colour,except Williams clio's and maybe 1 or 2 others.

I'm a panelbeater to trade and will address the body work later my good mate has his own bodyshop so painting is no problem for me.

I'm in 2 minds what to do with this 1, either back to standard in moonstone blue again.

Or I've been contemplating doing something mad,

either a mad colour or I would fancy having a go at wrapping it in a crazy digital camouflage wrap I've seen and like.

Day-Glo orange yellow green are all options but maybe a bit lairy for me :)

If I'm changing colour I'd do the door shuts boot aperture with doors wings tailgate off, basically everything except under the bonnet.

Would only cost me my time and the price of paint.

Something similar to this effect this is not a whole wrap. Its lots of individual pieces different colours black and grey,very simple and effective I like it and fancy giving it a bash.

Wanted to do it on my 1st Evo as in the picture below contacted the company that done it but never got round to it.

null-196.jpg

null-123.jpg