You will struggle dude tbh. 4wd's are very rare over here almost as rare as over your side of the world :( and the best bet is to get a 4wd starlet from japan. However im not sure your import laws allow it. The issue is the rear subframe is different as is the floorpan aside from the obviouse other differences. It would be a near impossible conversion tbh mate.

As shorty says, without that tunnelling and rear differences for the diff your going to find that near on impossible unless you have some amazingly good fab skills or deep pockets, even if you coukd source and weld in the floor pan of an 85 as done on some other car conversions sourcing all the bits will be near on impossible

Your best bet would be to import an 85 to new zeland if you can find one in japan then cut it all up and ship the required parts to aus then cut up your starlet n weld it all back together. A serious amount of work mind

Your best bet would be to import an 85 to new zeland if you can find one in japan then cut it all up and ship the required parts to aus then cut up your starlet n weld it all back together. A serious amount of work mind

He's in Austria, not Australia fella lol :p As you said, still a ridiculous amount of work either way :)

oh okey..

yea i build now a 5efte with 350HP... and i'm not sure if i have enough grip =P 4WD would be very nice..

i know that this parts are hard to find.. and expensive..

can u tell me, what i need??

You would need a full car. It's the only way

It's a totally different floor pan. The engine also sits further away from the bulk head. It could be done if you managed to fine the running gear. But it would be an insane amount of your. You would need to brace the car up. Mount the car on a spit. Then fabricate the transmission tunnel, along with the rear floor pan. To mount the live rear axel drag link. Raise the rear suspention strut mount towers. Move the engine mounts forwards. It is possible but importing a car is cheaper