Quick question for y'all

Right, just wondering where the rules/law/whatever stands regarding driving at night with the front foglights on as well as the headlights?

Is it allowed? I assume it is as see lots of guys driving about with both headlights and foglights on, but just wanted to be 100% clear on the issue (I like to obey the rules :wacko:)

Cheers :unsure:

My friend was pulled over by the police for driving with his foglights on (and headlights) at night because it wasn't foggy.

£30 fine he got.

Same for the rear, but the police tend to be a little more forgiving for that.

I'm not sure what the law is, but from the fine my friend got, I tend not to put them on.

It is personal preference whether you drive with your fog lights on or not, they do make your car seem more aggresive from the front and gives you better light, considering the starlet lights aren't the brightest they actually help on dark roads.

I used my foggies for ages, drove past traffic police, hundreds of normal police and didn't get pulled. They dont care much about fog lights but some arseholes with nothing to do with their time will pull you.

I got pulled in irvine down bank street and he said he should be giving me a £30 fine but he let me off.

he said, " There fog lights, not poser lights" Fuck off you scumbag! He is standing outside a nightclub telling me this when theres junkies runnin about everywhere, party goer's sniffing coke and taking ecky pills and he pulls me for lights. Get your prioritys right mr.policeman and go fuck yerself!

he said, " There fog lights, not poser lights" Fuck off you scumbag! He is standing outside a nightclub telling me this when theres junkies runnin about everywhere, party goer's sniffing coke and taking ecky pills and he pulls me for lights. Get your prioritys right mr.policeman and go fuck yerself!!

lmao thats quality

i drive with my fogs on most of the time on the motorways and sumtimes around the villages, been pulled a few times for it but luckely no fine.

used to drive with mine on all the time as said it is illegal if its not foggy but if its not to bright to oncomin traffic then they dont mind much well depending on there mood and your attitude to them,as my headlights are absolutey shite thats why i use them plus i think it looks not bad though.

if its not foggy its illegal to drive with them on.

however, if your car does not come with fog lights and u fit aftermarket front lights of some sort like myself u can drive with them on IF AND ONLY IF they are wired into the headlights and NOT the sidelights, reason being if they are wired into the headlights then they come on with the headlights and are therefore driving lights and not foglights...or so i was told by the local Motor Club chairman and his mate. if they're factory fit purpose instaled foglights u will not get away with this. oh, and im refering ONLY to the front here not the rear lights.

Phil.

if its not foggy its illegal to drive with them on.

however, if your car does not come with fog lights and u fit aftermarket front lights of some sort like myself u can drive with them on IF AND ONLY IF they are wired into the headlights and NOT the sidelights, reason being if they are wired into the headlights then they come on with the headlights and are therefore driving lights and not foglights...or so i was told by the local Motor Club chairman and his mate. if they're factory fit purpose instaled foglights u will not get away with this. oh, and im refering ONLY to the front here not the rear lights.

Phil.

usefull bit of info and food for thought that man thanx :unsure:

The highway code states:

"You MUST use headlights when visibility is seriously reduced, generally when you cannot see for more than 100 metres (328 feet). You may also use front or rear fog lights (in addition to headlights) but you MUST switch them off when visibility improves (see Rule 211).

Law RVLR regs 25 & 27"

But because it only states to switch them off when visibility improves it is a bit ambiguous and thats why you might get away with it one time and fined another.