Got a brand new radiator replacement for £45 should be here tomorrow if not friday, also took the springs off my shocks i got to find that the fronts i bought are fucked and the rear adjustables are in better nick!!! getting springs and shocks blasted on saturday then painting/ fitting sometime next week, what colour?!?!?!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The vanilla thing is a caramel wheel. Ive never used one before. Iused a kettle of hot water and peeled them off. Scrapped the grey foam away with a old creditcard then used asda's sticky stuff remover.

Id like the short piece from below your drivers door if u fancy posting it to NI

The vanilla thing is a caramel wheel. Ive never used one before. Iused a kettle of hot water and peeled them off. Scrapped the grey foam away with a old creditcard then used asda's sticky stuff remover.

Id like the short piece from below your drivers door if u fancy posting it to NI

This is the method I used. If you can get your hands on a caramel wheel and have the patience to not burn your paint with it then i'd defo go with that method. the rub strips come off easy enough, the time consuming part is removing the foam/glue afterwards! Defo worthit though!

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats on the strips! Haha what method did you end up using to get rid of the adhesive?

Car looks well now! Very tidy!

2 cans of 'sticky stuff remover' the life of my old subcard/mango card and boost juice card + soapy water and about 4 hours hahahahahaha + i need to replace my drivers side door anyway because of previous damage so im gonna have to do it again :')

cheers though mate

2 cans of 'sticky stuff remover' the life of my old subcard/mango card and boost juice card + soapy water and about 4 hours hahahahahaha + i need to replace my drivers side door anyway because of previous damage so im gonna have to do it again :')

cheers though mate

I know the feeling. Took me all in about 4 hours too. Threw everything I had at them haha!

• 1 month later...

Not much of an update, cars still going well... Purchased some Rainsport 3s, thought i would give them a go instead of Paradas they should be here soon, then respraying my rims a dark gunmetal-ish grey ready for new rubber. With that will be a full service and detail, lowering springs fitted and getting hold of a rear spoiler/ interior. :D Im pretty sure it will all get done, i gots money now!

h3ya.jpg

Edited by RicePotWom

Sweet, Have you still got your front brace on? What did you do about this part it catches on? I'm putting mine on this weekend just need to figure out how to make it so it doesn't rub.

http://i.imgur.com/gVTWPJcl.png

Mate i used spacers on my n/a to move the bolts out so it didnt hit on the wiper motor was a very close job, but it works :), should be on my build thread? if not pm me and ill send you a pic :)

Not much of an update, cars still going well... Purchased some Rainsport 3s, thought i would give them a go instead of Paradas they should be here soon, then respraying my rims a dark gunmetal-ish grey ready for new rubber. With that will be a full service and detail, lowering springs fitted and getting hold of a rear spoiler/ interior. :D Im pretty sure it will all get done, i gots money now!

h3ya.jpg

Car looks good Mate!! :),

Whats plans for the interior? :)

Edited by Starlet-Joshy

Mate i used spacers on my n/a to move the bolts out so it didnt hit on the wiper motor was a very close job, but it works :), should be on my build thread? if not pm me and ill send you a pic :)

Awesome will try that out cheers Joshy!

Sweet, Have you still got your front brace on? What did you do about this part it catches on? I'm putting mine on this weekend just need to figure out how to make it so it doesn't rub.

http://i.imgur.com/gVTWPJcl.png

Yes i have i just rotated it, the only thing is it moved a fuel line i think which makes a slight clunk when on full lock every now and again which i need to have a look at.

My interior plans are MK3 GT front and rears with glanza plastics, failing getting hold of them for cheap i'm gonna go scrapyard and look for something else and modify some rails.

New rubbbberrr! thought fuck it and went for the Uniroyal Rainsport 3's in 195/50/15 noticed alot of people were unsure about them but after a lot of looking around reviews and prices i thought mehh sod it! i got them for £33 quid a tyre new from camskill and they came next day! :)

My alloys are also going to be refurbed by my dad in a gunmetal grey (maybe a tad darker) before i bang them on but SOON!

xf0w.jpg

Got some Yamaha FZR 1000 Mikuni Carbs for sale though if anybody fancies going WILD!? :p

Edited by RicePotWom

Such a clean car! The white and red is such a beautiful combination.

Wish she was as clean lookin in real life :( also i do agree with the white/red but i really can not be arsed to be cleaning the multi-spokes they take aggggesss so think im gonna have em black!

Thats cheap!, been needing some tyres for me rotas my have to treat em to some fresh rubber :)

Black wheels is best on red imo mate :)

Ill let everyone know how they are once they are on and scrubbed in, im looking forward to running on fresh new rubber :D also YES BLACK RIMS!