What injectors does everyone upgrade to??

will be td04´ing my glanza in the near future, just building up my parts at the moment..

just wondered for future reference, what injectors do people upgrade too (if any) to fuel the td04 turbo and other running gear??

some people tell me you dont have to uprate them..

others tell me i do.

my set up will eventually be td04 turbo, decat, screamer pipe, externally gated wepr manifold with 38mm TiAL wastegate (0.8bar spring) and gReddy blue managment and possibly boost controller..

any help or advise would be appreciated!

thanks.

If your only running up to around 220 standard injectors suffice. Anything more people upgrade...330/440/550's depending how far you go.

yeah thats the power id like to gain and stay at, no plans for anything faster or forging etc.. so if they would suffice thats cool, cheers!

if you want to retain the stock spray pattern the 370s from a 3sge (94 onwards mr2) do the trick.

pretty similar fuel economy with mixed driving and depending on how smart your setup is they could see you with decent hp (270-90)

Direct fit, same plugs etc. just get the right year as the 93 down and 315 but look almost identical.

Phil

Edited by Philm

Yea, you may need an adjustable fpr tho to bump up the fuel pressure slightly.

This if your not forging and standard injectors, as Rob said the 440's are good for up to 300 but that is only if you went forged :)

John

Edited by ro55ifumi

1 bar td04 in my starlet has the stock injectors very much maxed out, i think the 330s would work well for 1.0/1.1 bar td04, i sniff a forge build coming on soon so the stock injectors will have to do me until then no point buying twice.

Thanks for all your replies lads. Really helpful.

I wont be forging so no need for injectors that are to be used for 300bhp.

Ill just stick with the stock injectors as ill only be running 0.9-1.0bar on td04.

But if i change my mind i proba would either go for either 330-440 injectors after what ive just read.

What cars can you get them from?

And as for piggyback i dont know what you mean pal? Ill be eventually getting greddy blue managment? Will that be sufficient?

Cheers

Jimmy

Edited by J1mmY

Thanks for all your replies lads. Really helpful.

I wont be forging so no need for injectors that are to be used for 300bhp.

Ill just stick with the stock injectors as ill only be running 0.9-1.0bar on td04.

And as for piggyback i dont know what you mean pal? Ill be eventually getting greddy blue managment? Will that be sufficient?

Cheers

Jimmy

Piggy back is management, and the blue will be sufficent, i would not advise running a TD04 on a stock ecu, i would wait until i could afford the emange as you need to get the set up mapped on the rollers to ensure that it is fueling correctly or you will damage the engine

John

Piggy back is management, and the blue will be sufficent, i would not advise running a TD04 on a stock ecu, i would wait until i could afford the emange as you need to get the set up mapped on the rollers to ensure that it is fueling correctly or you will damage the engine

John

Yeah thats what i plan on doing mate having the emanage blue put in and dyno'd very soon as i fit the td04. I wouldnt dream of running it on a stock ecu haha, thanks anyway!

What is the spooling like on these kind of setups?