Best option for lowering... Coils or Springs?

So im in desperate need of dropping the Glanza down low as its OEM ride height currently.

I've noticed coilovers dont come up that often for sale on here or TGTT..

New there £700+ which i can't justify spending for mainly asphetic pleasing, i wont be tracking the thing. However, ALL cars i have lowered were all on coilovers and im unsure if i would like to make a change and go for springs.

My other concern is springs. Whatever you buy is how low your getting. Where as coilovers it's adjustable so you can adjust according to your preference.

Is there any other brands of coilovers which don't cost an arm & leg to purchase? - Or is anyone planning on selling theres soon which are in a good condition?

Edited by Zeldoz

Pay the coilovers over 6 months unless you can get some mint 2nd hand one's buy cheap buy twice you get what you pay for there that price for a reason lol :)

Unfortunately how is this possible, i will not ever own a Credit Card!

I'll have a set of second gen D2's (same as the ones on ebay) up for sale in the next few weeks, similar looking condition with no leaks or knocks.

Not 100% what to ask for them though?

Im only changing them as i got a set of DGR's shortly before picking up the new car (that had D2's on) :)

£450 seems a touch expensive though....any opinions?

I thought D2's where good to begin with, Since they where my first set of coilovers. I saved up after for a nice new BC set and put them on....What a difference.....You get what you pay for honestly.

MiesterR just had (or still has, since the code is on the thread) a group buy for their coilovers. £615 all in (£100 deposit, then £515 when you can pay) for a EP91. They are a steal at this price as they are basically the same as BC's.

I'll have a set of second gen D2's (same as the ones on ebay) up for sale in the next few weeks, similar looking condition with no leaks or knocks.

Not 100% what to ask for them though?

Im only changing them as i got a set of DGR's shortly before picking up the new car (that had D2's on) :)

£450 seems a touch expensive though....any opinions?

£450 seems ludicrous considering you can get them new for £650..

But i would be interested taking them on the 31st at a sensible price.

How low do D2's go?

Im looking into coilovers pretty soon just for handling purposes, i guess it depends on the type of ride you want! Ive been running on kyb shocks on 40mm lowering springs and the ride is pretty comfy, car isn't slammed but its pretty low, and handles surprisingly well (no doubt itll handle better with coily's) but if you just want a cheap way of lowering it then Id say go for shocks/springs, I sold a set on here not long ago for £70!

Im looking into coilovers pretty soon just for handling purposes, i guess it depends on the type of ride you want! Ive been running on kyb shocks on 40mm lowering springs and the ride is pretty comfy, car isn't slammed but its pretty low, and handles surprisingly well (no doubt itll handle better with coily's) but if you just want a cheap way of lowering it then Id say go for shocks/springs, I sold a set on here not long ago for £70!

Being honest id be content with springs. But I want it low. Will be runing 15' Grids on 195/50/15 tyres. So unsure on what's best. But I want the rear as low as the front. My previous Sportif was rather nose down.

I'll have to make a photo thread for lows to see different spring heights.

But if the coilovers came up at a reasonable price I would just snap them up and be done with it!