Handbrake and other differences?

Hi guys, I've spent the last couple of days taking apart my ep82 to fit everything into my ep85 shell but have encountered a bit of a problem.... the handbrake is completely different :wacko:

I'm pretty sure that I was given the 4wd sump, but wasnt aware of any other parts that were different (aside from the drivetrain and rear brakes obviously).

The ep85 shell did also come with a couple of metal brackets I dont recognize - I will get some pics up shortly.

Yep, it is gaz's old one n I was hoping it wouldnt come down to having to get something fabricated :(

How much do u reckon one would be from toyota? Probably a couple hundred, I'm guessing lol

Looks like the cables might be different since the EP85 has 2 holes for the handbrake cables.

Are there any other bits I should know about? It has an external fuel tank by the way

Here's those strange brackets I mentioned:

20131018_184154.jpg

Edited by sdutton007

The fuel pump is in a different place, might not be an issue if youre running a different tank. Ehh and theres a few random sensors around the handbrake that i havent seen on any other starlet. Shouldnt affect the running of the car though so i wouldnt worry.

Infact all you really need to run to the rear is wirimg for the lights.

• 2 weeks later...

Just go to a scrap yard and take one off an ep80 which is the uk na version of an ep82. Suprised tbh as you have had this shell for donkeys years now. Was talkin to gaz about it at fest last year lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Just go to a scrap yard and take one off an ep80 which is the uk na version of an ep82. Suprised tbh as you have had this shell for donkeys years now. Was talkin to gaz about it at fest last year lol.

Can't you use a na one as they run drums

If the EP80s/na ones use the same handbrake setup as the EP85 instead of the EP82... but I think thats rather unlikely tbh since the 80/82 are the same chassis but the 85 is different.

N yeah, I've had the car for 2 years this month but havent got it on the road since all my money seems to go to the government.... should be sorted when my accident money comes through though :D