Is this normal in a Glanza?

Hello all.

Since i've been driving my Glanza, i've noticed that when i'm driving uphill the line in the fuel meter goes up and when going downhill it goes down, from previous experience and cars driven, it has been the other way around.

The fuel light also goes off and on depending on if i'm driving up or downhill.

When the fuel light comes on how much miles can i get? The fuel light has started to come on whilst driving into work today, the Tesco's is about 10 miles away, should i risk it, driving on Lo Boost and taking it easy.

Also where it tells you how much fuel is left, why are the first and last quarter sections much small than the second and third quarters sections. You can easily tell this by the lines.

Does the fuel line go all way down to the E, or as soon as it goes near the line just above the E, is it about to finish, im just very slightly above the line.

How far above the line above the E, will the needle go when i put £10 of Tesco Super in at £1.01.9 pre litre

Many thanks :)

The fuel light also goes off and on depending on if i'm driving up or downhill.

i get this with the civic some times but its ususaly when i go round left and right bends

When the fuel light comes on how much miles can i get?

id say about 20 miles at full chat, 30-35 conservitavly, comeone correct me if im wrong

yep it's normal, its a sensor, so if your going up or down the hill it will change slighty because your not on flat ground :), you can go pretty far with the orange light coming on, i was on red light, and was on the motorway, but i managed to go below the bottom line and manage to get a good 20miles out of it, i was sooooooooooooo scared as i didnt mean to join the motorway that day.

yep it's normal, its a sensor, so if your going up or down the hill it will change slighty because your not on flat ground :) , you can go pretty far with the orange light coming on, i was on red light, and was on the motorway, but i managed to go below the bottom line and manage to get a good 20miles out of it, i was sooooooooooooo scared as i didnt mean to join the motorway that day.

I feel the same way, dont want it running out on me and then having to walk up to a petrol station. I didn't know there was a red light, i thought it was just the orange one, which has come on at the moment.

As vtrick said Fuel Filter... other wise your (my) engine would be fecked in about a week or so lol...

Anyway you should get worried when you accelerate but the car slows down... thats what happened to me this mornin, just made it to the garage, certainly makes your heart thump though :lol:

Never goin below the line Again...

...Until next time :)

I've run from Dover to Caterham with the Fuel Light on Constantly (Full trip was Le Mans to Caterham on a single tank of petrol...) and then another 5mi to the petrol station the next morning - good 70mi or so. Mind you, I was driving quite slowly, most of the way my eyes were closed and my lane discipline was "lacking"...you could say I was sleepy.

As for the fuel level - the fuel pump (and hence fuel level lever) is located at the front of the petrol tank (closest to you) so when going downhill you'll have a greater volume of petrol in that region of the fuel tank, hence the changing fuel levels. Your car is just weird and does it backwards

my fuel light is sparatic as hell. comes on when i turn left, goes off when i boost it but then comes on when i put it in 5 in low revs. i tend to boost it and swang to the right, stays off then!

only had my feul light on once and it was on and off a lot depending on accelerating, braking, hitting boost and turning but today i did about 71 miles starting with my tank on full and it was on just over 3/4 of a tank and i wasn't driving economically is that good and that was with super unleaded feul the 97 stuff from tescos and my car was full of tools and crap most of that was country lanes and about 6 miles on duel carriageway

I've run from Dover to Caterham with the Fuel Light on Constantly (Full trip was Le Mans to Caterham on a single tank of petrol...) and then another 5mi to the petrol station the next morning - good 70mi or so. Mind you, I was driving quite slowly, most of the way my eyes were closed and my lane discipline was "lacking"...you could say I was sleepy.

As for the fuel level - the fuel pump (and hence fuel level lever) is located at the front of the petrol tank (closest to you) so when going downhill you'll have a greater volume of petrol in that region of the fuel tank, hence the changing fuel levels. Your car is just weird and does it backwards

70 miles with the orange light on constantly???? From what i've been told it wont do more than 20 miles, plus if it did do 70 miles with the orange light on surely the petrol needle would go way below the Empty line.