Air/Fuel Ratio Wideband

Hi,

Going TD04 within 2 months. Basically starting to buy whats needed. Mikey recommended this wideband to monitor the air/fuel ratio.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/INNOVATE-MTX-L-AFR-Wideband-8-ft-Air-Fuel-Ratio-Gauge-3844-/300976513292?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item461399210c

I'm just wondering is there a slightly cheaper alternative, or is it imperative i use this one as its renowned to be the best or good etc..?

Hmm, It looks like one of the things i cant claw back money on.

Whats your opinions on fuel pressure regulators. the SSARD is £85 but plenty out there for £30 with all the fitting kit and hoses included.. etc..

Planing to run a TD04 under fuel cut on low boost. Basically dont want to spend money on stopping fuel cut/boot creep on the CT9 setup.

I understand i need a bung welded for the wideband.

It will be on standard ECU until i decide to up boost and get emanage.

before going td04, do a compression check to make sure engine is in good condition..

shame you dint talk to me for longer sat night, as could have talked you through properly.

can always PM me if you need advice.

AEM is best for afr gauge imo..

Taken note. Hopefully it should be okay given its 82,000 Kilometres. I will definately do so.

whatever you do dont buy one of the £30 sard's with all the fittings, gauge etc, theyre all fake, Mikey recommended the £85 sard, its 100% genuine as you can tell by a few cosmetic signs, aswell as peeling off the sticker as the genuine one leaves half the sticker behind saying "void".

same goes with the wideband, was recommended the mtx-l and its a real good buy, accurate, and for £150 youre laughing really!

whatever you do dont buy one of the £30 sard's with all the fittings, gauge etc, theyre all fake, Mikey recommended the £85 sard, its 100% genuine as you can tell by a few cosmetic signs, aswell as peeling off the sticker as the genuine one leaves half the sticker behind saying "void".

same goes with the wideband, was recommended the mtx-l and its a real good buy, accurate, and for £150 youre laughing really!

Sounds like my bank will take a serious beating.

well would you rather have a dodgy fpr and wideband that give inaccurate results ending with your engine going bang? :)

Im not half assing the rest of the build, so ill be silly to cheap out.

Oh well! Bye social life and a healthy bank account!

Edited by Zeldoz

hha the way of the starlet!! mine became such a money pit that its currently off the road and Im using an old faithful mk2 golf as my daily for work as the EP is just too unreliable now, still love it though ;) will be driving it again soon!

• 3 weeks later...

Aem is proberly the best wideband out there, but from what ive heard what matters is the sensor. Apparently the bosch sensor on the aem wideband is what makes it really accurate. Also heard that innovate use the same sensor and they are as good.

If you want to save a little money with the tunning, you can always get a fcd and a safc and put it on the rollers and just tweek the afr. Im gonna go that route thanks to uni cant afford a ecu and a map. Atleast you will know that you wont run lean!!!!!!