5efe oil pressure problem

Hi, i bought a brand new forged 5efe a couple week back and only just got the engine in. The mechanic doing the work turned the engine over with no sparkplugs in just to check for pressure and the light never went off. He removed the oil pressure switch, turned it over but no oil came out. He plugged a gauge in and read 0. He took the sump off just to look for an obvious sign but nothing stands out. Does anyone have any idea at all what it could be. Its had a genuine toyota oil pump on it and pressure relief valve cleaned and reassembled before i bought it. As i say its a brand new build and need it running asap. If anyone can help i would be very grateful

cheers

Don't worry mate, happened plenty of times before. Normally turning over at such low rpm doesn't create much pressure anyway.

If you have oil coming out the oil feed for the turbo, then there's clearly oil pressure there.

If you don't start it you may be waiting a while before you get a reading on a pressure gauge mate :thumbsup:

Do a search over on TGTT, has happened quite a few times, just need to be brave lol.

The mechanic has filled the oil filter with oil to try priming the pump but still no joy. The relief valve is fitted he says but he has had to leave it for a couple days as he has other jobs on. The engine is the forged 5efe that idrees (id-workz) built and had up for sale. Pretty gutting for an engine thats supposed to be new but hopefully find the problem. I might have a trip down to the garage to see if there is any oil in the turbo feed. If i take the plugs out of the back of an emb the standard ecu should take over shouldnt it?

Cheers for the help its a great help :)

• 2 weeks later...

Dont mean to sound like a cunt but turned out that the relief valve was fucked and the pump wudnt suck oil because it was full of instant gasket. If i had tried to start it we would have a seized engine. Thats why i worry adam and have trust issues when people say it will be fine!

Maybe get in contact with who you bought it from and find out who built it? Dangerous way to be building engines that's for sure. I was assuming that it had been built correctly, that's why I always go by the quote " if you want something done properly, do it yourself" .

• 6 months later...

Hi I am getting the same problem. Changed Oil pump, changed pressure relief valve, check strainer every thing seems fine but yet no oil pressure at all. When I took off the pump i didnt even see oil on it at all, both are new pumps. Any Ideas. I had started the car and still nothing.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi mate am getting the same problem a just bought a forged engine that's only done 3k miles the engine was built a year ago by tuning developments basically a fitted the engine yesterday started the car up for the first time and the oil lights on a will not go off a gave it a little rev and the light went off for a few seconds can anyone help me

Edited by ryan22laird