The rev counter saga continues!

Got some SR clocks from a local breakers last night, swapped all the wires around in the connectors in accordance with the wiring diagram sent to me by David Ashton and Blue Icarian Wings (same diagram) and the damn rev counter still isn't working.

I reckon the tacho pulse wire must be faulty which probably means the paseo clocks are fine and I've wasted another £30 ;)

The pulse wire seems to start off a really thick orange in the loom and the goes to a thin black one as it enters the connector. When everything is powered up I can feel that the tacho needle is pushing itself down against the stop with positive pressure. I assume that the tacho pulse is a negative feed that pulls the needle the other way but this clearly isn't happening. With the ignition off there is no resistance to the needle.

I'm gonna try to trace the orange wire back to source and run a fresh feed to the pin on the connector. Might have a set of SR or Paseo clocks for sle if I can get it working.

ps the odometer is the same on the SR clocks as the sportif so I have been able to move my original one over (with original 23000 mileage). The paseo is different and couldn't be transferred, it was showing 113000 miles ;) so I was gonna have to clock it back.

Chris

or just change the face over onto your SR clock

The locating pins for the Paseo clock faces are different than the SR and the Sportif so I would have to start cutting bits off to make them sit flush ;)