got my jdm inlet manifold

i thought i would pop to my local scrappy on sat to see what i could find and lo an behold there were 2 bug eyed corollas dumped next to eachother. one had a pristeen engine and the other was ok just a tad bent he he. so went to the gate and said to the bloke how much for and inlet manifold off that car. he said just take the one off the dirty engine for 20 quid. im like fuckin sweet , so i set to work and rip it out. take it back to the desk and he says go on you can have it for 15 quid. but i had a credit note from my dad when he took something back to them. so basically i got it for nothing lol.

spent a few hours fitting it and damn its fuckin sweet. def feel the difference he he he he he he he he he he he he.

everyone should get one!!!!!!!!!!

oh i did have a few problems when fitting the new manifold. one of the injectors sprung a leak and decided to spray a jet of fuel over the engine and road he he. but luckily starletboy was on hand for some much needed advice. cheers dude.

there was def one but!!!!!!!! he wouldnt let me have it as the engine it was on was still a runner and he could still sell as a whole engine. but next time i go i will have another look.

does anyone know if the injectors off the corolla will fit my icle starlet.

oh and i just got it to pop some quality flames he he. come on. ill wait till its dark and get someone to film it he he.

i would just like to add that there is a bolt you need to undo which is only accesible from underneath the car. its on the bracket that holds the old manifold in place.

i only had a trolley jack to hand and had to crawl under the car with mobile phone in hand just incase anything happened he he.

well obviously while i was fitting the manifold i managed to slice my fingers to bits. and when the injector was leaking i got loads of petrol and other random shite in the cuts and now my fingers are a tad infected lmao

i did that the first time!! the injector came out, so i pushed it back in and the fuel rail chewed up the o ring for the injector so while fuel is pissing down my drive i have to run into the garage to get a new one, cut myself on the metal drawer and get petrol in the cut when trying to refit the injector!!! :(B)B)

o the fun ive had with this car!! B)

The Chronicles of Richard Scutchings lol, if it can be done wrong he has lol only jokin bro

nah! you got it right bro!! it feels like that!!! :D:D:D:p

Rich.

i must say thought its worth all the pain lol

basically in 1st gear i floor it and it gets to 20mph then you feel it really pull to 30 mph and it works like that to 3rd gear

and in 5th doin 70mph you can def feel a little more power when you put your foot down

it is a right slag to get to. oh and i didnt bother putting the earth ( i forgot actually) back on the inlet mani and the thing wouldnt start i was looking for ages for something i had forgotten lmao

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i did exactly the same thing. note. its worth remembering to do this,

this seams like an essential mod for anyone with a 4efe now B)

good work,

its soo adictive,

when i fiitted mine id spank the car up and down all over the place!!

Aye, should be ok. I'm always patient, thats why i broke my dads ratchet extension last time i lowered my mates starlet B) I'll fire a post up tomo when its running and let everyone know what I think. better be worth it after all the hassle B)

basically you need to look for the "bug eyed" corolla. i got mine off a 1998 ® model and it went straight on. you should also sneak out the small (5mm ish) vacuum hose that connects to the back of the new manifold as the old one aint long enough. and dont worry about the throttle bodies as you wont need it and the will most likely charge you more. he he

good luck

Guys, I've got one of these manifolds here in my garage.

I've just compared it to the orginal manifold and the bolt patteren is different. Only 3 of the manifold bolt holes line up and the outside 2 don't.

What did you guys do to get around this?

Cheers

John (yby)

You sure it came off the right car John?

not heard of anyone else having problems with them.

Simon

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I dont know mate as I didnt buy it. One of my customers arrived with it and said it was a straight bolt on. Looking at the bolt pattern on the manifold I can see it isnt.