:/ FPR AND FCD

Right I've fitted an FPR which for some reason was making my car struggle to start (not every time though) then did some more work on the car this weekend... I fitted an FCD and ever since then it won't start brilliantly when engine is warm (starts fine when cold), I am hoping when I take my car to dyno on Saturday and they set it all up that will sort this but my main problem is since I fitted the FCD it has started making this really strange noise on high boost (kind of sound like a tinny rattle, imagine a stone in a tin can but quieter) lol. Hoping someone had maybe had a similar prob and will be able to point me in right direction?

Also this rattle noise was not there before the FCD.

Cheers

Don't touch boost, not until it's set up! You could be causing it to run lean and pre det.

First things first, are your fuel lines on the FPR the right way around?

Some FPR's are renowned for losing pressure and causing it to crank a few times before it starts.

Best idea, set Fuel regulator to 2.4bar set the FCD to the off position if you can with your fcd? IF you have the HKS fcd some starlets prefer either 7 or 8 as far as I can remember usually will work best on one or another. But hugely better to leave it off and set fuel reg to standard fuel pressure until it's been set up on a dyne/wideband whichever you choose.

Yep that's what I thought. Yeah lines are on right way round, I learned from that mistake the first time I tried starting it haha!! Yeah I'll just leave everything alone until the tuning place sets everything up :) x thank you!!

As above do not drive it or you will kill it! The higher the setting on the FCD the more it leans the fuelling out over the whole revrange.

That tinny rattle is pinking/detonation and it will kill the ringlands if you carry on, play it safe and get it on a dyno :)

Or buy yourself a wideband, can keep an eye on fuelling then

P.S is it normal for an FCD to make a car run like this? I have set it up on 8 and am running .8 bar boost. So I thought this was ok? I really hope it is just sorting when all set up on Saturday x

Weird as it wasnt doing it until I fit the FCD? So something has defo changed, I am going to leave it anyway but just wanted to see whether its a common thing or not. I was already running .8 bar so that hasnt made it run like this... strange one!

You need to start at setting 12, on standard fuel pressure, then settinh 11 and see how it fuels, then onto 10, probably start leaning out now so use more fuel pressure, then setting 9 and up the fuel pressure, repeat until you no longer hit fuel cut and your fuelling is nice!

Yes its caveman tuning, but IMO my car fuels better on fcd and fpr than it did on a plug and play which was too rich!