5e-fte Head Gasket Help

Hello everyone, I need your help.

I've recently brought a 300bhp Toyota Glanza V 5e-fte I think, link to the guys build is here: http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/dynamics/showentry.php?e=25075&catid=member&entryuserid=6707

The head Gasket has gone, but the garage which is fixing it can't find the right Gasket which obviously needs replacing.

Please can you send me some links to the right Gaskets, I'm in a bit of a pickle at the moment, and the car needs to be back on the road asap.

Thanks

From that spec list it was using a 2mm cruise headgasket, this one here : http://www.rhdjapan.com/cruise-full-boost-metal-head-gasket-2-0mm-toyota-4e-5e.html

Personally I wouldn't use a 2mm headgasket, but its hard to advise when you haven't built the engine and know the clearances.

£2770.29 just for a gasket seems a bit steep though haha.

£170 mate, yeah they aren't cheap.

Personally I would go with a 0.6mm or the Paseo 0.5mm headgasket, but like I say I don't know the clearances of the engine so I can't say whether your going to have valve-piston contact. Only thing I can say would be that their must have been a reason why it was built with a 2mm gasket in mind.

Edited by AdamB

Just road use to be honest, got the guys at the garage to have a butchers at the link you sent, and I think well go for the 1.4 mm
Apparently I wont get piston valve contact because its a non interference engine so the valve is fully out?

Would explain why there is so much turbo lag though, thanks so much for all your help!

Edited by rockrees
  • 2 months later...

As i am also building a 5efte engine, and with so many researches i have done yet i came to know that if i use 5e rod and 5e piston or 5e rod and 4e piston i need to shave the piston to match the cr of 4efte as i will use its ecu and electronics.but if i dont want to take risk of shaving piston, i need to use 5e rod and 4efte piston with 2mm head gasket.

I think the car here was build with the same spec.