Not a problem with boost just a wondering question

Probably an absolute dum question here, when my boost comes on its normally just over 4k revs owner before said its set up like this to run the car safe, only asking as thought it normally would cut in or boost around 3k-3 and a half k revs? And I take it this is all done by adjusting the aculator?

Thanks Pat

Because your turbo is working it nuts off to get boost in at 4k the simplest way to explain is its like you trying to blow up a balloon with a hole in it! It takes longer to blow up and more effort! Spray soapy water on the joins with the engine running and give it a quick sharp rev and look for bubbles ;-)

So basically the owner before is talking rubbish when he said oh it boosts just after 4k revs as thats how it was set up when it was built? have a non adjustable actuator might wack that on and see what happens thanks lads :thumbsup:

Thankyou lee for the tip just annoys me that someone would sell a can with a new engine rebuild and when I questioned him about why doesn't the boost come on till over 4k revs he says its because it was set up to keep the engine running safe

Sounds like a boost leak, cracked wastegate or a mahoosive crack in manifold.

I'm thing standard CT9 full boost is like 2.5-3k and that's on a long route intercooler.

My kit will be off Sunday pat :)

Right guys just alittle update on my startlet been very busy today to cut a long story short after taking manifold off, turbo etc I have found no cracks or leaks in the pipes etc, but what I did find was the wastegate was lefted open and permanently open when driving, so what I have done so far is twist it back in the adjustable actuator so now the wastegate is set to closed fully, then of course when it's back on will open up as I floor it? Any feedback on this would be fantastic thankyou