has any one opted to change the stock bulbs at the back of the gauges cluster white led ones?

im contemplating it but dont know if it would be a waste if time and money cuz those bulbs dont self cheap at all

Edited by rasslenny

I ordered a kit from eBay & they supplied me with T5 LED Bulbs.

I haven't check the standard bulbs yet though so can't confirm 100%.

Heater controls you need either:

2 x neo wedge T3's

Or

2 x neo wedge T4's

See eBay link: http://bit.ly/1cOChaP

I can't remember whether they were T3 or T4 sorry!

ytehymyq.jpg

PS - My car is a 1998 Glanza by the way!

Edited by GlanzAndy

Nope, LEDS do not respond well to changes in voltage so will all blow and flicker very quickly, I ended up having all of them flickering or not working within a day or two, then just bought plasma dials.

If you are going to do it anyway, I would recommend getting the square LEDs as normal ones are very directional and it leaves you with bright spots everywhere too.

Is that down to getting cheap led's, I find it hard to know if ones on ebay are all crap or is there some decent ones

The ones behind heater controls in my 98 Glanza are called 'Neo Wedge' and they consist of 'SMD' type LEDs (small square type) these never have blown on any previous cars I have used them on.

Cheap nasty LEDs do blow due to vibration though yes!!

defo worth spending a little bit more on the metal cases style ones or SMD ones if you can

The ones behind heater controls in my 98 Glanza are called 'Neo Wedge' and they consist of 'SMD' type LEDs (small square type) these never have blown on any previous cars I have used them on.

Cheap nasty LEDs do blow due to vibration though yes!!

defo worth spending a little bit more on the metal cases style ones or SMD ones if you can

Could you link these?

i changed mine to LEDs about 6 years ago, and within 2 minutes they had melted the copper tracking in the green circuit board on the back of the cluster.

this happened to two separate circuit boards, so I stopped using them and put blue silicone covers over the bulbs instead, making them nowhere near as bright as the OEM green ones.

Phil.