MG ZS TD04 project, new wheels :)

Yes mate, still a bit soft but I guess that's the trade off for having good grip on wet roads. I think they'd be fine if there wasn't a big heavy iron lump above them, but Starlets don't weigh much so you probably wouldn't notice the soft sidewalls as much.

These are gonna go on my diesel beast (Alfa Romeo GT) so I might shop around! Great progress on this by the way.

Cheers, it's progressing a bit slower than I'd have liked, but everything is being done properly.

I've bedded the new clutch in now and tried out the Torsen LSD, can't believe how much of a difference it has made, even on wet roads you can fucking nail it round corners in the lower gears and it just grips and goes!

Nearly got my manifold adaptor plates mocked up so I need to get them made out of steel and I'll be ready to fit the TD04, still need to fit the front mount intercooler as well but spare time is very limited and I don't want to bodge anything by rushing.

Once the TD04 is on I'll be fitting some slightly bigger injectors, the ones I've got already are capable of 180bhp and that's the power figure I'm aiming for but that's on the limit so I'll be using some bigger injectors to give me a bit of head room, I'll be pushing the turbo to it's limit anyway and don't want to be held back by lack of fuel.

Amazing work so far, did it come standard with discs at the wear? Yea thats the one on youtube, i was driving it. Clutch was slipping abit. I also put the exhuast system on and was a great fit, well worth the money even tho it was pricey.

Amazing work so far, did it come standard with discs at the wear? Yea thats the one on youtube, i was driving it. Clutch was slipping abit. I also put the exhuast system on and was a great fit, well worth the money even tho it was pricey.

Cheers :) yeah it came with discs, standards are 262 fronts/240 rear, I'll have 282 front/260 rear once I've got them fitted (end of this week).

My exhaust was a bit of a bargain I think, 2.5" stainless steel cat-back, only cost me £150 plus £30 for a decat. I love how it can be quiet but makes a nice growl when you want it to. I'll be getting a custom downpipe made when I fit the TD04 so the whole system will be 2.5" and pretty much a straight through except for the back box.

• 2 months later...

Not updated this for a long time, progress is slow as usual, big brakes have been fitted and are working well, not fully bedded in yet but they feel a lot better.

I keep getting tempted to buy some coilovers but the handling is so good on standard suspension that I can hardly justify the cost, same story for wheels, I would love some different wheels so that the car looks more individual but I can't justify the cost when the standard wheels look fine and aren't all that heavy.

Anyway this is the reason I'm posting an update:

turbo.jpg

I've had some turbo adaptor plates made, as you can just about see in the picture it's all bolted up to a spare manifold, I still need to do a bit of porting so that the gas flows into the turbine housing a bit better and the compressor housing needs to be clocked but apart from that it's ready to go.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking of buying these wheels, I'm sure you lot will approve of them, Rays/Volk SE37K:

attempt at photoshop lol:

mgzs4se.jpg

googled pic of the wheels:

8703410112_036e62d2fe_b.jpg

Edited by ste91

I bought the SE37K's :)

Going to get them refurbished as they're a bit tatty round the edges, thinking of going with bronze or possibly anthracite as they don't really stand out in the usual silver or black.

Edited by ste91