Hi all I am doing a forge build on my glanza and I have just got hold of a tuning development stage 3 engine wich has only done 3000 milles just wondering if any 1 can have a gess at what power it should make with the following spec

Tuning development stage 3 engine

Weper manifold

Td04 3800 milles from new

Ported inlet

Hks exhaust

550cc injectors

Uprated fuel pump

1.4 bar of boost

Greddy e manage blue ecu

Full trd ignition kit

Ported head

Proberly a few other things I would realy like to get 300 bhp at some point am i being realistic ?

Feck the td04 on a forged engine get a proper turbo and aim for atleast 350. It baffles me why people full forge engines and stock td04s or even hybrids on. I ran 1.3 bar on my td04 on a stock engine so sinking 2k plus into just the engine to push it up a whole .1 bar just doesn't make sense

Edited by _shaun_

You'll prob make about 285bhp.

All these stages of engine make me laugh, there's no reason why a so called " stage 2 " motor can't make 350bhp safely and reliably, after that you'll start encountering restrictions in the cylinder head, stock throttle body and possibly even the inlet manifold.

• 2 weeks later...

I dont see why you have invested in a forged engine and gone for a td04. Id rather spend that money on a standalone and a proper turbo. Emanage blue is shit. If you go forged pls go standalone. Just having DIS would make a big enough difference. I recon if u had a standalone u would see around 300 on a td04.

I dont see why you have invested in a forged engine and gone for a td04. Id rather spend that money on a standalone and a proper turbo. Emanage blue is shit. If you go forged pls go standalone. Just having DIS would make a big enough difference. I recon if u had a standalone u would see around 300 on a td04.

I'm forged and Td04 suits my needs for track/sprint use, yeah I could go out and whack a gt30 etc on there but I wouldn't be half as quick round the track. Not all about getting the biggest figures.

And at least he can only upgrade from here, and got the engine to cope already.

• 1 month later...

I'm forged and Td04 suits my needs for track/sprint use, yeah I could go out and whack a gt30 etc on there but I wouldn't be half as quick round the track. Not all about getting the biggest figures.

And at least he can only upgrade from here, and got the engine to cope already.

I am not saying get a bigger turbo. He wants 300hp. Theres loads of turbos out there that will spool up earlier then a td04 give 300hp and a better response because they are ball bearing. For example a gt28. Going forged is ok to besafe. Im not against that. people have a misconseption when i say get a better turbo. Not a bigger one. You see the management system is so important. I personally think emanage blue isnt good enough for a forged lump. Atleast an ultimate.

I am not saying get a bigger turbo. He wants 300hp. Theres loads of turbos out there that will spool up earlier then a td04 give 300hp and a better response because they are ball bearing. For example a gt28. Going forged is ok to besafe. Im not against that. people have a misconseption when i say get a better turbo. Not a bigger one. You see the management system is so important. I personally think emanage blue isnt good enough for a forged lump. Atleast an ultimate.

I can't see a GT28 spooling quicker than a TD04, I was going to go for one but I'm not sure on the lag for the sprints I'm doing this year.

And I agree on the management, I'm

Currently upgrading form the emanage ultimate to AEM ems4