Double DIN unit

My Kenwood radio-cd decided to call it a day after more than 10 years of loyal service.

As a replacement, I would prefer a factory double din unit from the era(late 90s and early 00s). I'm not fussy about features; as I did in other things on the car, I want to upgrade using oem items as far as possible. Do all double din units(which are not 'built in' the facade) fit?

While at it, I bought a factory parcel shelf and would like a set of on-shelf speakers so I wouldn't ruin it. Had in mind carrozzeria speakers(since they were factory options on japanese cars of the era), but they are quite expensive if and when you find a pair.

• 2 weeks later...

Got one from a Toyota Cami nosecut. oem P/N 08600-00024. its made by Pioneer, model FH-M8246ZT. At the back there is a slot for a 10pin/6pin connector and another one for a 12pin just to its right.(below is a similar unit)

http://yahoo.aleado.com/lot?auctionID=r93618572#enlargeimg

all harnesses i found on the 'net were just the 10/6 ones. so what is the 12pin one for?

hey bud i am in the middle of converting to single din as the jdm unit's cd and tape were gone and the radio still on tokyo bands.

Do you have the mounting cage and are you willing to swap trade for the double din that i have(the plates that allow you to attach)

Cheers

Andy

:thumbsup: