Right so a lot of you might not like this but I have a eBay ct9 hybrid yea I know some of you say there shit but it seems fine what my problem is it has an adjustable actuator on it but it going to 1 bar fuel cut not fun need to turn this down but would I be better to leave this actuator on it or put my hks on then ajust the boost cheers

Ok I have checked the length of the actuator and 128 mm .5 bar as I have seen on here so I guess the next thing is to port the wg

That's for an HKS and it is a guide, not definite. Try lengthening the actuator first, it is trial and error to get it set properly.

Sorry for hijacking your thread burt I have just swapped turbos on mine, I was told you set the wastegate to fully shut which would mean of course the actuator was alot shorter then on my other turbo actuator, so when actually setting the actuator on the screw bit should we be doing it so the waste gate starts of fully shut? Does this make sense guys?

My startet is almost done but at the moment the wastegate is set to fully shut, where as on the other one the car started boosting around 4 and a half k revs when I looked it was obviously the wastegate was set open from the actuator hence why no boost I take it at low revs?

You lengthen the actuator to reduce boost - the actuator arm pulls the wastegate flap closed with spring pressure and then pushes to open it when it starts seeing positive pressure and lengthens the arm. You are best to start with low boost and work your way up to set it, so start with a long actuator and bit by bit shorten it.

Boost on a CT9 should be coming in at 2.5k rpm and be at peak boost around 3k.

Edited by WallaceGlanza

Thankyou for the reply Wallace that's what I thought so the longer the actuator is the more open the wastegate flap will be at the start I thought the wastegate flap had to be set to fully closed which of course will shorten the actuator where you adjust it

I muddled myself up with my reply - see the edit!

Yeah if you set it so when you pull the actuator arm it just reaches the wastegate flap and holds it closed, then lengthen slightly and adjust from there to get the desired boost level.

When you shorten the arm you're increasing the spring tension so it takes more pressure to actuate and open the wastegate flap, it's obviously the opposite with the arm lenghthened so the wastegate opens quicker and makes less boost.

Edited by WallaceGlanza

Thankyou so much guys for the info and burt in pm with the link makes a lot more sense now so thankyou so much I think I better adjust mine before it goes on the dyno to be set up as done a few bits to the furling etc, as at the moment I have set the actuator to to as short as it will go so the wastegate flap is shut tight

• 2 weeks later...

It does have to be fully shut mate as you have to preload the aactuator by twisting it in a few extra turns. This helps the turbo spool better as the wastegate wont open instantly with low pressure and release the air, it will require a bit more force generated by tbe turbo to open the waztegate therefore spool will be quicker.