General wash polish/wax

Looking at cleaning products just to give her a good old wash and polish now then , what you guys using? Looking for a short list so I can go out and know what I'm looking for doesn't have to be the best just looking to give her a bit of tlc now an then

It's a white v

Cheers

Dusty :)

When I first bought my V (which is white as well) the paintwork was as flat as anything. I've got a DA so used that to bring the paintwork up. What I didn't realise was that the paint is so thin and soft, it doesn't take much to go all the way through.

Don't get anything too abrasive like T cut.

Chemical guys white diamond glaze is nice, slightly abrasive with some fillers and it polishes to a shine. Shampoo wise, anything decent with no detergent in it, otherwise it strips any wax you put on. So no Halfords 1.99 special! Wash and wax shampoos are ok, I find the wax part just means it dries a little easier with smears. I've got dodo juice born to mild. It'd stupidly concentrated so you only need a drop for a whole car, and it leaves the wax alone.

My advice is to stay away from yellow waxes ( ones with high carnauba) as these tend to stain the paint yellow. Friend of my has a white supra and he used meguiars carnauba. It turned his car almost cream over time.

Banana Gloss

Luxury Suds

Dodo Juice Lube

Dodo Juice Clay

Autoglym SRP

Cherry Glaze

Lucas Oils Speed Wax

Dodo Juice Tyromania

Dodo Juice Purple Haze

Auto Finesse Power Seal Kit

Auto Finesse Clay & lube

Auto finesse Dash Detailer

Pink Sheen

Auto Finesse Fall out remover

Citrus Wash

That's my current kit lol

As mentioned above diamond glaze is good due to it being more fillers than abbrasives doing the work to make it shine again, as for wash if your going to halfrauds use a reputable brand such as meguiars, as for wax best bang for your buck is fk1000p you can pick it up for

18 quid and it will last your forever its one of my

Favourite waxes, check it out on cleanyourcar.co.uk

Hope this helps :)

Banana Gloss

Luxury Suds

Dodo Juice Lube

Dodo Juice Clay

Autoglym SRP

Cherry Glaze

Lucas Oils Speed Wax

Dodo Juice Tyromania

Dodo Juice Purple Haze

Auto Finesse Power Seal Kit

Auto Finesse Clay & lube

Auto finesse Dash Detailer

Pink Sheen

Auto Finesse Fall out remover

Citrus Wash

That's my current kit lol

Lol fuckin hell u got sucked into the car products world

3m rosa all the way it's £35 a bottle smells great and is possibly the best I have ever used, as for washing, the cheap halfords one works well

I'm a big sucker for Dodo Juice stuff, but I use Gtechniq C2V3 sealant for the final finish product - I agree with above about waxes, and find that synthetic sealants give a better, sharper finish on white cars than wax does.

If the paint's really dull then you can go the machine polisher route, but Mr.Chem is right that a glaze like he mentioned might be enough, the slight abrasives will get rid of minor defects and the fillers will help fill any that it can't remove.

Be careful though, I don't find that glazes offer much in the way of longevity, and some waxes and moreso some sealants won't bond to the glaze, requiring you to have a 'blank canvas' before applying, for example after polishing I have to go over my car with a alcohol panel wipe spray before applying the sealant as it's very finicky, but the end result is superb.

Have a search on cleanyourcar.co.uk or elitecarcare and see what fits in your budget, any of the shampoos they sell on there will be great, but even Meguiars from halfords will do.

Haha way to go mate how do u decide what to use lol

Cheers guys for all the help I'll get a look at those websites later to see what there is :)

Will update when I decide what I go for cheers guys :)

Dusty

• 2 weeks later...

I use a range of stuff auto glym srp is a good all round polish , cherry glaze aswel which is equally as good if not better but not as abrasive for wax the best I've found to use on my white gt is meguires gold class liquid wax or dodo juice diamond white both leave very good finishes and almost like a wet look pure shine n mirror finish to it