Would you fit a EBC before mapping?

So.. I've been thinking long and hard is it worth the extra money to fit an electronic boost controller.

I'm going for a E-Manage blue map at TuningDevelopments in the next couple of months. Running a Zisco, TD04 Ex/wasted kit.

I've spoken to mike and im going to map at 1bar spring pressure. Now, he said the only difference that would be noticeable is the way the power comes in. With an EBC it would be smoother, where as at spring pressure it may be a little more rough. Also the full boost may be 50-100rpm later as the spring will lift as boost comes through. Where as an EBC can help hold it shut tight until full boost.

He said there will be no power gains from having one, nor will i loose power on a map without one.

I don't do much mileage daily, so having it mapped for low/high with an EBC doesn't appeal to me.

What's your opinions?

I have a blitz spec r fitted to mine now and I noticed a difference after being mapped with it the power was smoother and delivery felt better there was no power gains as mentioned above just a better feel when driving also if u ever plan on upgrading further a boost controller will come in handy .

Just my opinion mate

Pros

Adjustable Boost Levels In Car (most have 2 modes at least (hi and low))

Increased Spool Time

Hold Boost & Allow you alter how boost comes in...

Built in Boost Gauge

Cons

Expensive for a decent one...

essentially. It allows your tuner to fine tune your car much better!

Pros

Adjustable Boost Levels In Car (most have 2 modes at least (hi and low))

Increased Spool Time

Hold Boost & Allow you alter how boost comes in...

Built in Boost Gauge

Cons

Expensive for a decent one...

essentially. It allows your tuner to fine tune your car much better!

Thanks for that. - Would it be okay to have mine mapped without one. Then add one at a later date to setup a low/hi low being 0.6/0.7 hi being 1bar? Would that effect the map etc?..

Technically it will change the power output, because if your going to make full boost 150rpm sooner, your powerband is going to be 150rpm wider. This may mean that you will get increased torque in the mid range

Top end however won't change providing boost pressure is stable.