Engine Management light Error code 52 coming on

Hey

My EML light has been popping on pritty much as soon as i pull away from starting the engine and stays on until the engine is turned off, at which point on starting the car its gone off again and then comes back once i drive about 100 metres.

Anyone had any experience of this error code, the manual says its the knock sensor. I assume this means that my car is knocking which means the timing is out?

What should i do first as a process of elimination, as far as I was concerned the car was running fine. Should i retard the ignition timing via the dizzy?

Edited by Taggy

I replied to your other thread about how to check the wiring but also had a thought that it would pay to check the terminal on the plug as well. Had a couple where the terminal wasn't tight enough and the connection was poor.

Does it make any difference with the knock sensor unplugged?

From what I got told the knock sensors are a one time trip thing, once it detects knock it pulls the EML up and trips the sensor. Only way to get it to go off is to replace it, and that the knock sensor has no bearing on the ecu in closed loop, its just a fail safe.

How true that is I don't know though.

I'm guessing chances are you probably have a wiring fault, you would be able to hear if its knocking or not.