Well, I bought a clutch off a friend, it's a spec6 and has been used. To cut a bit of the story short it's in good condition, otherwise I wouldn't have bought it.

Fitted it yesterday as I was home. So all done, it went well.. Fired up the car to test it out, and from the gearbox there was a strange ticking noise, imagine if you spin a bike wheel and put a credit card by the spokes... That kind of thing!

Now I'm wondering why the hell is it doing this? When the clutch pedal is down, it's fine and quiet like it should be. When you release it, the ticking noise comes back. The bearing is brand new and never used so it's not that. And the bearings is also greased too.

Can anyone help?

What's it like cruising? Some clutches suffer from a lot of spring chatter?

Is it a spring centre plate?

At idle does it change with engine speed?

Clutch chatter is quite but you get a stripped out ep and you can here lots ;)

Driving, first of all right out the garage it was pretty fucking noisy down the road.. Then I shut the windows and went through all the gears and had a 20 minute drive back to my house, on the way back home it was fine, put the windows back down and couldn't hear any noises. Also when I got home and on idle there were no gearbox noises. Then I drove it again later on yesterday evening and on the way back home again it started making noises again. So I'm not sure?!

It's unsprung dude!

Yeah on idle if you rev it, the noise either goes away for a split second or it will get faster.

Yeah, that is true lol! There are various different noises from my engine bay so it's hard to tell haha but on idle if you put your head close to the box you can clearly hear it's from the box side 110%!!!

Any idea what it might be as it's unsprung. As said has a new bearing too (don't worry adam I did read your post dude).

Basically I'm asking is it anything to worry about cause the next step is getting the car mapped meaning it will get some abuse hah..

Edited by Rbz.

I have the same clutch and my release bearing is noisier than the forged engine lol but it comes and goes and mines brand new also! Just to give you peace of mind :-)

Well, that is re-assuring man! Hah at least I'm not alone!!

Do use guys grease the thrust bearing befor installing?

If not then you should do

Yes micky, all greased up and brand new! :)

And cheers Adam i'll take a look!

I creased mine and cleaned the shaft! mine isn't constant though it can be a tad noisey every so often! I haven't been worried about it tbh

Same with mine, everything was cleaned and bearing was greased and the noise is only every so often as the noise does go away when driving.

I just don't like weird noises like that, especially just before I'm going to get the car mapped to make over 300bhp lol..

Same with mine, everything was cleaned and bearing was greased and the noise is only every so often as the noise does go away when driving.

I just don't like weird noises like that, especially just before I'm going to get the car mapped to make over 300bhp lol..

Lol I'm paranoid about noises always think the worst as you do! But if it engages in gear with no problems I would worry too much I've read a lot of people have a noisy bearing and some are lucky and don't! it's luck of the draw from what I can gather :-)

Lol I'm paranoid about noises always think the worst as you do! But if it engages in gear with no problems I would worry too much I've read a lot of people have a noisy bearing and some are lucky and don't! it's luck of the draw from what I can gather :-)

Hah yeah I guess so then man! Yours is un sprung too then? How long you been running yours like it and what power is it mate?

Hah yeah I guess so then man! Yours is un sprung too then? How long you been running yours like it and what power is it mate?

Un-sprung! I've had mine on since just before Christmas I can only guess the power as I've not had it on the dyno yet but I'd say it's the 200+ 0.8 bar on k24! I've had no issues with it what so ever.

Un-sprung! I've had mine on since just before Christmas I can only guess the power as I've not had it on the dyno yet but I'd say it's the 200+ 0.8 bar on k24! I've had no issues with it what so ever.

Cool man fair enough, I hope it will be ok over 300bhp then lol.

I've had mine fitted for years and has always being a bit rattle on idle then press the clutch and it goes away never had an issue and has has abuse now for like 4 years lol

Sounds exactly like mine! Fair enough then mate I will just have to stick with it and see how it goes lol!!

Cheers for the help people really appreciate it :).

TD Said there non-slip clutches. Hence why pulling away can be a nightmare at times.. He also stated there take 350+ all day long.

Jamies forged GT is 330-340 and hes on our clutch without issues