went to start my gt and nothing just a loud click.

as above tried to start it and just makes a loud clicking noise , thought it was a dead battery at first but got my friend do bring me some jump leads and same sound. any idea why it could be doing this? seems odd i drive it to shop and back then 5mins later it dont start at all, any help much apreciated

If all of the above doesnt work, try checking that the earths are still connected. I had the exact same issue,drove fine, stopped for 20 mins come back and loud clicking when trying to start, tried rocking it in gear, bumping and jumping it. It turned out to be one of the earths (an aftermarket earth fom the battery all over the engine bay) was a bit corroded and disconnected itself. Connected it back up and it started fine.

Try to bump start? Could be your starter thats knackered

i bump started the car and it started up right away, then stopped the car and tried to rock the car in 2nd and it was still the same. would this sound like the starter motor being knackered?

The starter motor wont turn but the solonoid will click if the earths are bad on the car, check the gearbox earth first and also the chassis one from the battery.

Sounds like a bad earth to me.

im going to check the earths on the car later today when i get home. i hope it is just the earth would make things alot easier for me