Rear Axle - discs or drum brake!?

hello mates,

i have a LHD Starlet E82 GT.

normally the GT´s have disc Brakes at the rear axle. mine has drum Brakes.

i have ~200HP and the beakseat was removed. what do you recommend, disc or drum Brakes? i normally say disc brakes, but when you have no weight at the rear axle, i have the fear that the disc Brakes will blocade immediately.

do you know what i mean!? because when i want to have disc Brakes, i have to buy the whole rear axle from the GT

Edited by katana

It wont have disc brakes as they never made a LHD GT it will be a non turbo car that has been converted to turbo like pure rage did with his, as for converting yours to disc brakes I dont think there is any need to as the drums are just as good imo. But it can be done quite easy if you can get hold of the parts to do it. You will need a GT/ Glanza axle or the full brake set ups off both sides and the brake cables the rest is pretty straight forward swap over.

as above,the drums work just aswell as discs (better as a handbrake also)

you will therefore have brake bias issues and your rear end will try and over take you if you brake hard with a fully stripped out rear.

you need a brak bias valve to fix the issue

if your counting on trackdaying your car i am pretty sure the drums will over heat even on the rear