Focus RS 4-Pot Brembo Opinions

there is a set for sale just now, but cant see how the set up is. you might of seen it, but i have tried this route and was not successful. i will try get some mock up phots this weekend. i got the calipers (fiat/focus are the same caliper) and fiat 305 discs. tbh, unless you get the kit straight off a car, i wouldnt bother.

i cant remember off hand, but when i mocked it up it was needing a big spacer behind the disc, then a spacer in front of the disc to space the wheel out from the caliper

was looking at the kit thats forsale on here just now and i am 99.999999999999999999999% sure the kit doesnt work with 305 discs. the pic shows the calipers bolted to the hub under a 16" wheel but with NO disc. this is because the 305 disc does NOT fit!!!!! a smaller disc will have to be used and spaced to suit the caliper.

sorry to keep banging on about this but i have experimented with this and know it dont work!!

• 1 month later...

bit of an old bump, but a mate of mine has a fez ST (56 plate) and has upgraded to mk1 focus brembos meaning he has the stock fez calipers handy. now seen as the bolt holes on the focus brembos line up with a starlet the fez calipers will also fit as they are the same but they take a 280mm disc instead of 305mm the focus brakes require. for which there are plenty of options for disc (cheapest ive seen are golf g60 discs), the fiesta calipers are also maybe an 1/8th of the price at around £40ish for 2 front ones and will happily fit under 15s. they also stop a big 1100kg 2.0 car very well so should be more than capable on a starlet. I'm gonna try get them fitted to see if it work, also Fabia VRS calipers also fit again with a 280mm disc (i think) but the piston size is smaller than the fez calipers...

food for thought.

Sam.

Have you thought about bias mate? If u fit calipers that big the braking forces to the front will way over power the rear and the car will stop like shit...

I know this as I fitted a 320mm 6 pot kit on the front of my dc2 and left the rear standard (242mm) in turn now my fucking van out brakes it lol

It's now costing me another £1200 to have a kit built to upgrade the rears to twin pot and vented 290mm 2 piece just so the fucking bias is correct and it stops properly

Most people won't even know it's out until they try and drive it properly

bit of an old bump, but a mate of mine has a fez ST (56 plate) and has upgraded to mk1 focus brembos meaning he has the stock fez calipers handy. now seen as the bolt holes on the focus brembos line up with a starlet the fez calipers will also fit as they are the same but they take a 280mm disc instead of 305mm the focus brakes require. for which there are plenty of options for disc (cheapest ive seen are golf g60 discs), the fiesta calipers are also maybe an 1/8th of the price at around £40ish for 2 front ones and will happily fit under 15s. they also stop a big 1100kg 2.0 car very well so should be more than capable on a starlet. I'm gonna try get them fitted to see if it work, also Fabia VRS calipers also fit again with a 280mm disc (i think) but the piston size is smaller than the fez calipers...

food for thought.

Sam.

That's well cheap if you can get it to work,do keep us updated :)

Have you thought about bias mate? If u fit calipers that big the braking forces to the front will way over power the rear and the car will stop like shit...

I know this as I fitted a 320mm 6 pot kit on the front of my dc2 and left the rear standard (242mm) in turn now my fucking van out brakes it lol

It's now costing me another £1200 to have a kit built to upgrade the rears to twin pot and vented 290mm 2 piece just so the fucking bias is correct and it stops properly

Most people won't even know it's out until they try and drive it properly

You can buy bias adjusters, much cheaper than 1200.

I say a brembo setup on a starlet that was for sale. But he didnt use the 305mm discs. He had mr2 discs which was 2xx mm. And i also think the space needed behind the disc is 3mm. Which isnt much. And a hubcentric spacer on the front for the rims. I wanted to go down this route too but seems like alot of hassle and might aswell just add a lil more money and get second hand twinpots or 4pots. But if you want to be different then go ahead :)