3sgte engine loom conversion to ep91

On this conversion to a ep91starlet do you still keep old ecu for the steering column loom electrics and for rear pump and lights.also fuse box side ? Could anyone shed some light or any sparks on here to wire it up (paying )think of this route soon.

You would get rid of the starlets ecu and engine loom and splice the new engine loom and ecu into that. For the time and effort todo the swap you would be just aswell going for standalone management. Or atleast that's how Id do it there are other ways it could be done. It depends what you can actualy do yourself unless you can do most the fabrication work yourself then your going to spend an absolute fortune.

Do it the way I did it with my 4age.

Mount the 3sgte, put the ecu in the car dump the loom in place loosely plug in everything that can be, then work out whats left and splice it.

Obvious ones in the bay

Starter

Fuel pump

dome

Battery

Earths

Inside dash to ecu

speed

Fuel pump

Power

Earths

Prob some boost related things I didnt have.

I've used starlet dash loom and still have the starlet fuse box in the bay just wired in the corresponding wires from the 4age loom into that fuse box

Me and my mate had it running in 2 evenings. Once it was running I spent the next few evenings stripping the loom pulling each plug right back to the bulk head and running it back in neatly taping up joints tightly were it separated. Once that was done removed it, rewrapped it the refitted it.

That left us with this

0C594EAA-4D84-453D-B8FB-C428ECF9FD9C-259

However if you plan on serious modding. Go standalone

Edited by morgey

Wanted more power this is the other way (400++)suspension wise just need some good coilivers have the supporting mods already ;)

I do abit of research aswell on loom side for interior electrics sort of have an idea