Scottish meet ? Any interest

Well.... I was picking up some parts at the weekend and wee got talking and thought,

What about a Scottish meet ?

Who would be interested when and where etc so it's central for everyone etc ?

Names and njmbers guys ! Would be good to get to know everyone !

Cheers

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking about Falkirk Wheel carpark in the spring, central to most people. Or at the transport museum in Glasgow. Or Asda in Perth so its a bit closer for the aberdeen guys. Tesco Dundee ??

Just a few ideas, am no really bothered where we have a meet lol.

And a drive afterwards for pics :D

I've been a good few places getting parts haha.

Theres no point setting a date months in advance for a meet because the idea just dies out and everyone forgets lol. Its happened before.

Just need to set a date a fortnight beforehand and say be there or be gay :) See who shows up lol. Probably nae cunt !! Haha.

Most of the scottish lads starlets are off the road at the minute mine, ryans and martins theres 3 members down already

Scottish starlets meets are a myth they never happen, your best to wait till april sort of time untill people are bringing there starlets back out after winter

I wont be on the road till about april, i dare say a few of the other lads will be the same

They dont happen though ive been on here for years and have never seen one set in stone with more than two or three members attending, you tend to fond they are more local meets with people who live close to each other, no point in planning one months ahead either as mentioned before more chance of people not turning up forgetting when it is and making other plans i dont even know when banzai is tbh ill maybe be up in summer a couple of times but lets face it lads crail is pish, would be more interesting if we could get a few starlets on track st knockhill in summer, if people pay at least a deposit for track time most likely they will show and will be a much better day than crail

Even the reasonable spec ones like mine are never on the road :(

Ive on my 3rd starlet now, had the GT on the road for a week after building it for 8 months, drove the Carat once patched it and broke it, and the 85 is still in progress. lol.

Fuck going on track that's got to be the most boring idea I have ever heard! I have a Rallycars for messing about in not my road car !

Well instead of sitting there saying it won't happen why don't you help to make it happen and be one of the people that actually attends and gets the numbers up

Well were you not listning ? my cars off the road do you want me to show up in a honda when its all about showing your car to other members ? How is going on track the most boreing idea ever because sitting in a carpark talking shit is a much more exciting idea, we dont all have rally cars for messing around in money mayweather so the idea of some of the boys going on track i think is a good one and im sure alot of the lads will agree, if you have rally cars for messing around in then why are you "tuning" your glanza ? To drive fast on public roads ? Not a good idea mate, also why you wanting to go to crail? You could call that a track, if your going to start being cheeky and slateing peoples ideas when it comes to ideas for a meet then why dont you have a skimmy meet where everyone comes along and does whatever you want, its a comunal forum and majority rules :s

:lol:

Young money in his rally car

What you taking about ? What's wrong with having a hobby and competing in rallying ? That's why I have no interest with taking my starlet onto a track as I have cars that are purpose built for that kind of thing, I was just simply asking if anyone would like to meet up for a chatt and a look at each others cars. Is that really too much to ask ?