Over Boosting? But why?!:(

Yo Yo!

Ok, so.. my cars over boosting.. i know this because i have the boost gauge, and if i plant it, the boost gauge obviously increases... and heads right upto 1.0 and a little beyond, then the car struggles.. ( as expected.. - )

What could be the cause? ( im sorry if this has been asked a billion and two times... its just im new to this turbo buisness:P )

CK

have you got a bleed valve or manual boost control under your bonnet? It will probably be located slightly to the left of the manifold on your turbo.

Word of warning do not drive your car to 1.0bar as your car might have not had the work to take that much boost and you will end up with big troubles! Im no expert but u wanna take it easy till sorted mate!!

boost will naturally inscrease as it winter and colder, so just take it a bit easier.... :p

Rob

*Screamer Downpipe

*Full 3" Jasma RO Exhaust

*Blitz Dumpvalve

*Blitz Air Filter

thats all thats on the car at the moment performance wise.. ill have a look at the hoses, but ive not seen anything so far when i looked. ill double check though...

CK

*Screamer Downpipe

*Full 3" Jasma RO Exhaust

*Blitz Dumpvalve

*Blitz Air Filter

thats all thats on the car at the moment performance wise.. ill have a look at the hoses, but ive not seen anything so far when i looked. ill double check though...

CK

also just to through it out there it could be your boost gauge miss reading! my boost gauge at the moment thinks im boostin to 2.5bar lol but i know its not for 3 reasons,

1 its doesnt feel that fast lol

2 my car hasnt blown up

3 my apexi commander is tellin me the truth of what im actual boostin to 0.8 bar

mine was just some wires bit messed up,i doubt yours will be the same situation as what mine was, but thought a would through it in there lol

yo.....

Its defo not that cause i wouldnt have noticed it was over boosting unless the car did what it did....... sorta went...... lumpy..... and power was lost kinda thing, then i looked a the dashboard and seen the engine management light on... though, oh fuck off...... :p then it went off.. and i realised that it was over boosting cause i checked the gauge.

Not as lucky as you then!:p

CK