South Wales - Paseo Galliano

Hi all,

New to this. Live in South Wales somewhere along the m4 between Bristol and Cardiff (that's my way of avoiding saying "Newport")

Own a '96 Paseo Galliano, roughly 145k on the clock.

Interested to know if there are any other Galliano owners out there, past or present.
Just like other Paseo owners I've spoken to in the past, I love my old thing dearly, but it's getting to the point where I need to spend a bit of time/money on it to get it back into the condition it deserves to be in.

cheers,

Frenchy

Hi all,

sorry for the incredibly late reply, been very busy with work etc.
I'll have to come back to you on the pictures, I've let my sister borrow it for a couple of weeks (She's currently on placement in Uni and I've recently bought a 60-plate Seat Exeo Sport Tech so I don't tend to use the mighty Paseo Galliano much anymore).
When she's finished with it I'll sort out some photos.

Now, here's my dilemma:
The paseo has seen better days but I've spent a lot on it over the last couple of years - new exhaust & cat, new tyres & brakes, new ABS sensor (They seem to be notorious for playing up after around 15 years) along with full services and oil changes etc.

Now, at 145k miles I know it's probably not worth a great deal - even though there's only around 25 of them left in the UK - but my fears are it's going to start costing me more money than it's worth ("worth" as in monetary terms, not sentimental!)

If I had the time and the money I would pull the small dent out of the passenger side door and give it a full respray (the original canary yellow colour of course).
This in itself would cost more than the car is worth in monetary terms, but I just can't bear to see the little beauty looking as sad as it does at the moment.

My only other option is to sell it, but I wouldn't be able to sell it to someone that won't appreciate it.

So basically, does anyone have a rough quotation for a (Good!) full respray as well as minor body work on a couple of dents? - bearing in mind I'll only be driving it between 1000-2000 miles a year from now on so I can't justify spending too much!
Failing that, does anyone know of anyone that would welcome my baby with open arms and give it the love and respect it deserves?

It's been in my family for almost 12 years (spanning 130k miles) so I've got pretty much full service history etc. and I would prefer to see someone adopt it and bring it back to its former glory than see it become a pile of rust on my driveway.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

it may be tatty but dont let go of it for silly money IMO id give it a good tcut and polish ive seen them go for 1000 ish with similar mileage but body work was mint so easy 6-700 its a rare car and for someone that is after a paseo its deffinatley the best model. if i didnt have the glanza id snatch it off you for a project.

alex.

• 1 month later...

cheers for the info everyone.

As I've been so tied up with work lately and moving I've decided to let the Paseo go.

I'd be happy with something towards the £500 mark to be honest - the missus isn't too keen on it sitting on the driveway an only being used once in a blue moon.

The main points are:

145k on the clock,

MOT due 01/06/14

dent in passenger side door, other typical dents and scratches around car and wheels (nothing out of the ordinary for an 18 year old), a fair bit of paint corrosion along drivers side (in a long strip where the side panel bends immediately below the windows)

Aside from full services, over the last 18 months it's had new brakes (shoes & cylinders), spark plugs, tyres, front and centre exhaust & cat and ABS sensor.
It runs like a dream, it's just the exterior has seen better days.

To give you a little bit of background, I've had the car since December 2008, my dad had it before me from 10/06/2002 until that point so it's been in the family for 12 years, I'm a little sad to let it go, but I can't see myself getting any use out of it now that I've spent £10k on a Seat Exeo, so I'd prefer to let it live on with someone that will enjoy it!

Is anyone interested/know anyone interested?

I could sort out some pictures on Sunday if anyone fancies it?

If not I'll let my brother part-ex it for one of the newer cars he's looking at.

cheers,

Peter