anyone fitted electric windows into ep80

If the weather holds out i will be doing the exact opposite haha, im hopefully putting the windy setup from my 85 doors into my GT doors.

What exactly do you want to know ?

Does your existing interior loom have the multiplugs near the doors to plug in a door loom ? Do your doors have holes for the looms ?

If not just get a pair of GT doors and fire them on, make life easier lol.

haha I was wanting to get rid of windy windows and fit electric ones so I can use gt door cards,,

well what way do I go about making a wiring loom as my car doesn't have the plugs or any wiring for any sort of electric

no my loom has no spare/extra plugs or holes in the doors for any type of electric window conversion my car is a starlet 12v 2e-e engine

I can get full doors with looms but I have nothing to connect it to from the doors

Its more of a job than it sounds adding in electric windows lol.

The most hassle free way would be to source a set of GT doors with the motors and door looms etc still in place.

Now they plug up to the dash loom in a GT, so if you want youd have to get a GT dash loom for it to plug in, this also means changing the clocks as your N/a ones wont plug in.

All a bit of a ball ache really unless you are pretty good with electrics and can make up some mini looms with a switched power feed to the motors ?

When i have the doors apart i'll take some pics for you :)

It sound more of a headache but it aint really I've been looking at universal kits and the seem a lot easier to make work as they use the existing manual winder but the setup clips onto the original winder that the winder handle goes on so these might be the handiest option for me I can the use the gt door cards as the pocket covers the old winder hole up

I really didn't want to go pulling the loom out as ive did this before and was a nightmare getting it all back together remembering where every last nut and bolt go

im not too bad at electrics so wiring this kit in will be handy enough

003.jpg?s=600

vwin01_large.jpg