New Sr owner needing security help!

Hi,

I got my sr in December and am going to be using it for a few small rally events which it has performed very well in so far!

Last night my neighbour scared off two twats who were trying to break into my car hammering on the lock! There wasn't much to see in the car worth stealing so they may have been trying to knick it for a joy ride. I have taken out the fuse marked main so it can't start tonight, just wanted to check that leaving this fuse out overnight wont affect the ecu or anything, car electronics aren't my strong point yet!

Any security advice such as good alarms would be greatly appreciated

Cheers chris

Most good alarm systems that have a flashing light scares them off.

A Clifford is what I have, with sensors that go off when leave window open or vibration of any sort.

Just check out good branded systems that are professionally installed and come with warranties.

Not cheap, around 275-450

If you are going down the alarm route, I'd get a Clifford one too.

You could also;

Remove rotor arm when not in use

If it's parked on the street or on your drive, make sure you park on full lock then make sure your wheel is locked in place.

Get a steering wheel lock or one of the handbreak/gear shifter locks that cover the whole unit

Easy things like keeping the area well lit is a good deterrent as well

As said above, get a good alarm system fitted with some proximity sensors. Depening on what you or the alarm fitter program it to, the alarm would give a pre warning beep if anyone comes within a specific distance to your sr, then the alarm will go off.

My choice would be Toad though. Cliffords are good at what they do, but when you go wrong they go WRONG.

Also think about getting an anti hijacking system too. Work really well, as unless the fcker stealing it knows where the switch is and deativates it ....the car will simply cut out...and wont start. HTH

Edited by Djaniero

Thanks for the advice on alarms, looks like the police caught them because they tried to nick a few other cars in the area then when they got one they crashed it into another car, drunk idiots who checked out from the hospital who decided they wanted a free ride home!

I might try getting a steering wheel on a removable boss and take that in my house at night, that would hopefully stop anyone even bothering to try to steal it!