Excessive wheel spin

Hi Guys just wanted to ask what is the best size rim to have as my EP91 suffers from a lot of wheel spin in 1st and 2nd gear everything is stock except i have added management and retuned im currently having 14inch rims on the car no LSD box would bigger rims help with my wheel spin

Thanks

Hi Avster, Starlets do suffer from a lot of wheel spin due to nature of how turbos deliver power. It tends to be no power then all of sudden shit loads of it when the turbo spools up, because of this especially in the wet you will get wheel spin.

You need to change your driving style to start with compared to an N/A car, so more feathering of the throttle rather than just putting your foot to floor in 1st and 2nd, after that you can stick bigger wheels to get more traction and if thats still not helping your best bet will be to fit an LSD, a gearbox mod which will stop the car from spinning one side of the front wheel, particularly when cornering. It distributes the power between both wheels so you get more grip. :)

15's" seem to be popular, you can fit 16's but from experience they are probably a bit too big for the car and handling suffers.

I would recommend 195 x 50 x 15's as a tyre size they fit well in the arches and provide maximum grip for the size of the car.

Hope thats of some help.

Taggy

Edited by Taggy

I have been looking into the toyo tr1 tyres 195 55 14 I did have 195 55 15's on but I feel 14's were much more comfortable if you can afford the aftermarket LSD that will most likely cure most of the spin, I would buy new tyres first see what you think...