Low temp thermostat vs Normal stat?

So after reading a fair few thermostat related issues on the Glanza's with the cold snap. I think i'll do mine at the weekend or as soon as i get my ass in gear.

Can anyone tell me the benifits (if any) of running one of these low temp thermostats? The main one i can think off being the engine running cooler, thus keeping it more efficient?

Is it worth doing over a normal stat?

Your engine as every other engine has an optimal working temp. Starlets standard thermostat opens at 82 degrees I believe. The cooling fan cuts in at 91 degrees. If you put too colder thermostat in you run risk of over fueling the engine (cooling the engine further but in extreme conditions giving bore wash). If your pushing for power then a lot of heat will be generated in the process. As we all know heat kills engines so a lower temp thermostat can help. It's all swings and roundabouts depending on what you want from your engine.

Not running at 4e or 5e but since fitting a civic rad mine runs cold if cruising and has caused it to over fuel and reduce efficiency.

Need to change my stat to see if the old ones sluggish but I'd almost be tempted to try a higher temp one to see if it would help it sit where it should!