Ive beem havimg some issues with my car recently and noticed i have an engine management light on, i have diagnosed it and its come up with error code 31. i have borowd a friemds map sensor as i thought it could be that but i have the error still after clearing it. im not sure what my next step is. its finding it hard to start and when it does the revs are irregular on idol and sounds like its going to cut out.

if i cant seem to sort it im going to have to find someone who can near or in somerset, any got any recomendations?

im losimg hope!!! :'(

Brendon

thanks for the replies! yeah im running emanage blue and ive had this problem for a while but its only now im realising thats probably what caused the death of my old engine. i suppose im going to have to chop the old plug off and fit this new plug and see if that makes a difference. as far as i understand the error code is caused by it not reading the manifold pressure correctly therefore pretty much guessing the fueling!

uve an open circuit somewhere... only reason why that code would come up.. do a continuity test on the wires from map sensor to ECU.. could be a badly repaired wire from previous owners or one of them could be earthing of something...

Edited by corofin12345

There is grey tape around the wires connecting the map sensor to the loom should I just peel it all off and see what is underneath? As I didn't install the emanage I don't know too much about the wires connecting it up, but I suppose I could try and trace them. How or why would it be earthing?

Thanks guys!!

Brendon

There is grey tape around the wires connecting the map sensor to the loom should I just peel it all off and see what is underneath? As I didn't install the emanage I don't know too much about the wires connecting it up, but I suppose I could try and trace them. How or why would it be earthing?

Thanks guys!!

Brendon

check to see if there any breaks under the grey tape and tape them back up after... on some occasions when lads are selling on cars etc etc they pull out FCD's/ AVCR's etc etc and they tend to leave the strip weres exposed and these stripped wires can sometimes earth off the body of the car or worst, other wires..... have a trace back of those wires from map sensor to ECU anyway to see can you see any problem

Edited by corofin12345

I undid most of the tap from the map sensor past the injectors and all the wires seem to be the originals and in good order, not too sure of how far im going to have to trace the wires as that would mean stripping the main loom wire back to the bulk head. I'm going to take out the glove box and see if there is anything obvious on the ECU side of things and if not im going to have to get a multimeter and test the resistance of the green and green-red wires of the map sensor to the ECU

Brendon