forged engine owners

looking to see what sorta milage people have got on there forged engines looking at one now and its got 45k on it since being forged which seems abit keen ha. also whats max boost anyones ran on stock headbolts

cheers shaun

Really depends how its built, but no reason why a forged engine can't do 155k miles, they do require stricter maintenence though so as long as its been looked after properly.

1.6/1.7 bar I thinks been the most on OEM headbolts.

Really depends how its built, but no reason why a forged engine can't do 155k miles, they do require stricter maintenence though so as long as its been looked after properly.

1.6/1.7 bar I thinks been the most on OEM headbolts.

i was always under the illusion a forged lump would outlast a standard engine by far?

Mine did 10k and still looked brand new inside, as for toyota head bolts they are ok for around 1.6/1.8 with ease. But the oem spec replacements type you can buy are shit! I've lifted a head at 1bar on them back in the day lol

i was always under the illusion a forged lump would outlast a standard engine by far?

Like I say it depends on how its been built, by the time you get to 155k on any motor the piston rings will be leaking a fair amount of gas into the crankcase its worth a new set and a fresh set of bores.

If you build a motor with tight tolerencing to make max power chances are it will only live a couple of a drag runs before leakage is deemed to be excessive.