Missfiring? Hesitation? Low Idle Randomly Then Runs Fine?

Hi I've recently came across a problem started randomly one evening when i started my car, Not sure if it being parked half on a curb so it was slanted made it happen but it seems to have started after that not sure if thats would make it happen, This is how it goes..

Start the car, Starts fine idles at 1k revs sits there fine, Sometimes it all of a sudden starts to idle really low doesn't cut out just idles low and sounds rough as, when accelerator pushed down it goes back to normal sometimes other times it just stays rough, when you try and drive the car in gear it hesitates and jumps quite a bit chucking you forward and doesn't seem to have the power Turbo doesn't kick in till around 4k revs and isn't really doing much in terms of spooling, Ive recently had a new athena Head gasket 1.2mm put on New oil, filter and cam belt so dont think its anything to do with that as it was running fine just seems to have happened since the other day and dont want to drive it being such a temperamental car at the moment, Any help would be good Don't think its the leads as when you unplug them from the spark plugs they are still sparking. Cheers

same situation the last time I drove my car, I changed plugs and set the at 0.8 gap, had injector cleaner run through it, changed oil and it still idled rough sometimes normal sometimes low, confusing the heck out of me, however I did find I had a boost leak but its been stripped since and not driven it,

will be putting it back together soon and changing the fuel pump, fuel filter, dizzy cap kit, and full belt kit.

Fingers crossed one of them sorts it.

the idling is caused by the wax valve under the tb and the idler valve on the other end of the intake mani you can test it by shuving your finger over the hole in the tb when engine is hot shuve your finger over it it should make no difference and should stall when cold

its very very common for our wax valves to fail

i run without all that crap and had no isseus sinds

about the chugging i think you might have internal leak in dizzy oil from head getting in the centre of the dizzy ?????? ( seeing you changed the other parts ) happened to my mk 1 an chugged like a mother fu@ker until it was hot then fine !!!!

Well here is what I came across and not sure if it was the cause but it's fixed the low idle and hesitation, I found that my dump valve had been rubbing against the ignition wires under the bonnet and they where hanging on by a thread or two and maybe what was happening this is just a guess was that my dump valve was resting on the bare wire here and there and causing it to earth and loose power to the dizzy since I rewired it it seems fine I just now have a problem with my ecu that it randomly decides to flash orange ten times then switch off and come back on as green under load or just sitting idle it does it more under load but can't find anything about it online it's a emanate blue any ideas??

Does it go black tho for a few seconds with no light at all then come back on? The interaction always flashes orange it's the main light that goes from green flickers orange when under load then it does something weird and flashes like the interaction light goes off for a few seconds then comes back on to green the car doesn't act differently in any way tho so dunno if it's just an error that hasn't been wiped or something