Hi lads. Been down to my mates garage today for a catch up and he suggested de-catting the glanza.. Im running standard manifold (which had been ported) and a 2.5" full stainless system with 4" exit (unknown make, came on car) but still has the standard cat on the down pipe.. Just wondered if it will make the car better or worse and worried if it will be too loud or not? Has any of you guys done it??? Without buying a different exhaust system??

I drove mind with a CAT for a few months, much preferred it after de-catting. Could definitely feel the difference and turbo spooled much better, get more pops and bangs and the exhaust note changes slightly too

Yeah to say i have such a big back box and a fairly good system its surprisingly quiet so making it a little louder cant hurt can it. Haha thanks pal think ill just do it for sake of it. Which method did you have yours decatted? Smash all cat out off standard down pipe or get a decat pipe put on??

i got a decat pipe put on. You can get them so cheap secondhand its not worth destroying the original cat, least that way if you HAVE to put it back in for a MOT you can. The only downside is you might start seeing boost creep as the system becomes free flowing. I'd suggest porting the wastegate while you have the cat off and can get to the turbo :)