jayep91 Negative Feedback

I Paid for an AEM FIC in full working order bar a few scratches etc.

Received item today and plugged it in straight away as i had already downloaded the AEM tuning software.

I clicked onto the view gauges window to find this:

1982261_10203083658039730_221444413_n.jp

The internal Map sensor is fucked.

He claims he never used it so didnt know, but he bought it in january and the guy he bought it off told me it was mapped for a 5e when he sold it but the map i pulled off it this morning looked like someone had just been messing about and the changes to the AEM are live so automatically save.

He expected me to send it back before he refunded me, so i decided i would just use paypal as its the same deal but i would actually get my money back when returned.

The seller refused to pay for return postage. and said if i didnt pay for it myself i wouldnt get my money back.

I have now filed and completed and won the dispute on paypal.

I will now be paying for the return postage. I was extremely unhappy with his attitude towards the situation.

Yes it can be sent to AEM themselves who then charge a $50-$75 fee just to look at it + labour + parts + return postage.

I have looked this up as i tried to see if there was a was to get it fixed but one guy that tried found the exact sensor and re-soldered it to the board and it did not work as they think it needs to be calibrated internally.

There is a way to map it using an external sensor and using the MAF input to map via voltage but i didnt buy it to be messing around like that which ends up with a rougher map. I have spoken to a guy that did this and he didnt recommend it.

I actually knew about this exact issue and the above attempts to fix and bypass it before i bought it as i had done my research and knew what to look for.

I told you from the start to go through paypal because i was not happy refunding you without having unit back!!

I brought it of a fellow member on here with intentions of putting on my gt (which I also brought from a member on this site)because it had a k26 but the car didn't even make it home. So I then decided to sell off all the parts turn the car back to stock and sell it on!!

If you look at most return policy's it states that you won't be refunded the shipping costs for returning an item so why should this be any different??

I didn't know this ecu was faulty it never went near my car. The fella I brought it of is going to refund me and I'm not asking him to cover postage costs because it's not his responsibility.

Anyway people who know me on this forum will vouch for the things I've sold them over the years I've always been honest with them. But believe what you like people everyone's entitled to their opinion!

Forget about return policies etc. If this was the other way around i would feel so bad for selling the thing the way it was i would have organised postage/ a courier.

The car you bought was different you had a chance to view it and didnt..

Im not bothered now im not buying off you again.

I have to stick up for jay here, i can understand the frustration but jay is a good mate and if he says he had no idea it was faulty id back him to the end. Hes a genuine guy and not one for blaging crap parts just to turn a quick buck.

Edited by shorty

if i sold something and it was faulty, i wouldnt hesitate to pay the person who purchased it from me the postage to return it to myself.

i would feel bad it had happened for a start and most importantly i would want to retain my reputation for being well alright and maintain my great feedback i have worked hard for.

confuses me why this wouldnt be the case wether he knew there was an issue or not. then to be flippant and say "weel just go through paypal etc".....is it really worth the agro of it all ??

i would think not.

It depends on you stance on the shipping tbh. Id have to agree that 10quid to ship something back and get back a few hundred would be insentive for me as a buyer. As the seller is going to be a few hundred out too with a faulty product they they themselves purchased in good faith. How much is jay expected to lose then? The cost of the item plus shipping twice? He sold it in good faith.

I have to stick up for jay here, i can understand the frustration but jay is a good mate and if he says he had no idea it was faulty id back him to the end. Hes a genuine guy and not one for blaging crap parts just to turn a quick buck.

Thats fine but at the end of the day he basically made no effort to help me when it didnt go his way. I am broke now for a week and i asked him to pay postage. he refused. so now i should basically have used that cash to start the fire this morning because he didnt check an item before he sold it. seems fair doesnt it... nope!

if i sold something and it was faulty, i wouldnt hesitate to pay the person who purchased it from me the postage to return it to myself.

i would feel bad it had happened for a start and most importantly i would want to retain my reputation for being well alright and maintain my great feedback i have worked hard for.

confuses me why this wouldnt be the case wether he knew there was an issue or not. then to be flippant and say "weel just go through paypal etc".....is it really worth the agro of it all ??

i would think not.

Thats exactly how i feel and what i would have done in his situation.. Some people just dont care about customer service..

Cheers shorty

How many of you have brought something from a shop that's faulty?? When you take it back do you ask the shop to cover your fuel money?? I think not so how's this any different!!

I didn't know this unit was faulty because I don't have the software, cable or know how to find that fault. All I have is his word. I said from the start I would give him a refund if he sent it back but it wasn't good enough and I wasn't prepared to argue the toss with him so I said go through PayPal!

It depends on you stance on the shipping tbh. Id have to agree that 10quid to ship something back and get back a few hundred would be insentive for me as a buyer. As the seller is going to be a few hundred out too with a faulty product they they themselves purchased in good faith. How much is jay expected to lose then? The cost of the item plus shipping twice? He sold it in good faith.

Again..

Thats fine but at the end of the day he basically made no effort to help me when it didnt go his way. I am broke now for a week and i asked him to pay postage. he refused. so now i should basically have used that cash to start the fire this morning because he didnt check an item before he sold it. seems fair doesnt it... nope!

Cheers shorty

How many of you have brought something from a shop that's faulty?? When you take it back do you ask the shop to cover your fuel money?? I think not so how's this any different!!

I didn't know this unit was faulty because I don't have the software, cable or know how to find that fault. All I have is his word. I said from the start I would give him a refund if he sent it back but it wasn't good enough and I wasn't prepared to argue the toss with him so I said go through PayPal!

Not the same. its like buying something from a shop, it being faulty and then you losing 10% of the cost do to "restocking fees"

The cable is a simple A-B Cable thats used for printers and the software is free to download off AEM. had all that in 5 mins

i cant understand it.

forward him a few quid to send it back recorded,wether you knew it was buggered or not it is and its not richards fault whatsoever.

if u did that as a good will gesture this thread surely wouldnt be here and neither would the comments that are continually and more progessively making you look pretty bad

Not really as its not getting restocked as it cant be resold, its faulty. Im sorry but i do 100% see where jay is coming from. Dont get me wrong i see your side too but this is a very potato patato as some will agree its jays place to pay for the return postage and others will also see his point that it would not be prepaid under any other company/retailer etc.

And they dont make jay look bad tbh. He offered a refund when the item was returned? Thats fair no? Its not like jay is making any money out of the situation is he? He will be the item cost plus shipping out of pocket, the buyer will be a tenner out of pocket. Who has the bigger loss?? Why should jay be an additional tenner down? Some times shit happens. It wasnt intentionally miss sold, its not a scam, and he offered a refund upon retun of the goods??? Check the sale of goods act. Hes done nothing wrong tbh atal.

a company or retailer would probably have a warranty and would replace with a fully working item. I would have no problem paying postage in that case.

Its still not my fault at all. Whether he sold it on in faith or not his faith was towards the guy he bought it off. has nothing to do with me. He didnt check the item before he sold it so by saying its working perfect apart from a few scratches is falsely representing the item because he did not know the true condition of it.

Because he took a risk by selling it "in faith" im the one who takes the fall? If he had checked it he would have seen it was faulty and could have claimed his money back and we wouldnt be here now.

If he isnt interested asking the other guy to pay postage thats his issue.

i am not saying jays outa order at all or bad mouthing him, just saying it would be easier to be normal and feel bad and pay the costs and save this thread from beginning.

i would hate to see this bad feedback for myself,i just wouldnt risk it. i would be distraught i promise you

This is just going around in circles. To anyone that wishes to buy off me in the future please take note that I'm not willing to pay for items to be returned but I will offer you a refund for the purchase amount.

I can see all sides tbh, but jay isnt going to pay postage. Doesnt make him evil or a bad seller just mean he has principals he wants to stick too, i can agree with where he is coming from. And he is right this isnt going any where its a dead thread with no outcome other than stated above.

I can tell this wont go anywhere but at least its here for others to see.

In the end he is getting a refund for the item himself. I just think that if he paid the postage for me to return he would still only be down less than 20 at the end of it. partly because he wont ask for the other guy to pay the return postage and because he took a chance by selling it to me, would have been nice and said oh god i need to rectify this im sorry and paid my postage. pfft

I am ending up worse off than him. fact

Edited by richardc9052

I bought a hks fcd off here and never used it and sold it in for half the price I paid and then the buyer reckon it wasn't working on his advantazzo kei car, he wanted a full refund and he wanted me to pay to send it back to myself, I'd be losing out on 2 postage costs and in the end I sent him a full refund and told the guy to keep the fcd

If I was you if be the same and not want to be paying for postage to send it back and have no item and be postage money down but if I was the seller i would be exactly like he is and not want to lose out on postage costs twice, it's a awkward situation , the easiest thing to do would be to pay for sending it back and you would both be out of pocket for postage,

And cut your losses and forget about it :)