Aye, its reet good fun, Cheap way of getting into motorport. you dont need a big budget.
Super modified class is basicly no limits on mods, as long as its 2wd, and looks like the car its meant to be :)

1504027_10153659376285646_496838730_n.jp

1512343_254940938003919_1557319984_n.jpg

Much better than drag racing and track days :)

alltho you do get some slight panel damage :)

1460045_10153539287250646_2019716335_n.j

Edited by Rob Scott

lol,

bhp at the moment is about, 90. ha ha that red fiesta is 300bhp.. and i had him in the final till i went wide on the last corner. The car is shite in the dry due to lack of power, but in the wet and dirt, it really handles well :)

Stock 5E motor, but for next years its going 3S-GTE FWD

Its scheduled.

http://clubmansrallycross.weebly.com/

First of all, you need a Race licence (non-race national B ) around £45 per year from the MSA, you dont need any medicals or driving tests.

you need a car built to the MSA specs.. depending on what class your in. Easiest to go for is Stock Hatch/Production Class. Whichs is a totally standard car, apart from shocks.

Saftey, you need a 6 point cage with 2 door bars on drivers side, Polycarbonate/perspex windows apart from the front screen.
Bucket seat and 4 point harness, Hand held fire extinguisher, master cut off switch, and strip out everything in the car apart from dashboard.

Entry fee is £200 per round. There are 6-7 rounds a year, you get two practice, 3-4 qualifying, and a Final..... if you come first or second in your final you are then bumped up to the next final

You can either do the BTRDA championship, or the MSA champoinship,
BTRDA is more of a clubman level, and MSA is the top spec stuff, alltho you can do both championships if you want. If i have enough time i may do a couple of rounds of the MSA championship. (i'm in the BTRDA) :)

Edited by Rob Scott

Oh, and if you try hard enough you can get sponsors to pay for it :)

I have Glasplies Fibreglass suppliers (we use them for ours and others rallycross car panels), they pay the entry fees,
UberCool Graphics supply the vinyls, plus paid for some of the car, and Groom service paid for some of the car too.
Ideally i could do with a sponsor for a race engine... but havent found anyone yet :(

The car is also raced on hillclimbs too by my mate, Hannah, who also mechanics for me.

Do you get anything for winning?

Yeah, the satisfaction of beating the guys with higher horsepower/more expensive cars... and trophies. Plus you get to race in real life rather than doing it on a computer...

thats it :)

plus if you go halves on the car with a mate, makes it cheaper to build too :)

I'm supprised more people on here dont race, as they spend so much money on their engines, then only use it for the street, seems a bit of a waste to me.