Where do you mount a braced decat??

Rightio chaps, my exhaust was blowing so I looked and found a crack in the decat. So I thought I would need to invest in a braced one. Took the old one off and found it has a brace but I havent the foggiest where im supposed to brace it to as it floats around in mid air....

Any help appriciated

Dan

DSC_0076_zpsdbc49sxt.jpg

DSC_0079_zps6wrrb9kz.jpg

DSC_0078_zpstufvaeb8.jpg

DSC_0077_zpsqaugsals.jpg

Think its ment to brace to a bracket that the AC pump mounts to, but when the AC is removed the bracket gets chucked aswell.

Best off getting a good decat from a trader on here, mines is braced on the gearbox.

Think its ment to brace to a bracket that the AC pump mounts to, but when the AC is removed the bracket gets chucked aswell.

Best off getting a good decat from a trader on here, mines is braced on the gearbox.

+1 Get one with the mount on the bottom flange, to go onto the gearbox

Bangin mate, if you wouldnt mind having a look that would be great! Its been blowing for a little while, thought it was the manifold as it had a crack so that got welded but it was still blowing and discovered that beauty of a crack!

The welders at work are shit hot though and they dont mind helpin me out with bits like this luckily

• 2 weeks later...