• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me i love oldskool hardcore dance music namely scottish oldskool artists like the OLD ultra-sonic and such like.

though at the moment i am right into the Hardstyle sound of like scot project,yoji biomehanika, lady dana,korsakoff,zany,and i 'm getting into a bit of the dutch hardcore gabber sound like angerfist.

basically i love hard dance music none of the cheesy hardcore music the teeny boppers are listen to. Proper hard sounding dance music.

Dark, deep, dirty beats including (but not limited to) house, progressive house, deep house, dark house, tech house, hard house, glitch house, anthem house, brit house, trance, progressive trance, symphonic trance, anthem trance, epic trance, dutch trance, deep trance, tech trance, break trance, dark trance, hard trance, techno, german techno, italian techno, swedish techno, japanesse techno, hard techno, deep techno, progressive breaks, chemical breaks, big beat, some d 'n' b, some electronic ambience.

Also into Metal (not to thrashy please), Classical, Blues, some Hip-Hop genres and some trip-hop.

Can't flipping stand all this generic 'indie rock' pish that's being pumped out at a rate of 5 new bands a day at the moment!

Check out http://techno.org/electronic-music-guide/ for examples of the above electronic genres!

Amen to Phil & Nick (and Mikey I suppose, but he smells)

Primarily Metal, especially Melodeath and Metalcore...real fan of Power Metal as well (why else would I have long hair and sound like a girl?!). Do like a few other things too as of late (some dance/techno songs, some chillout - "Massive Attack's/Newton Faulkner's - Teardrop" for example, t3h roxor, some Backstreet boys songs....:)) but it's literally 60 or so of these types of songs compared to the 9000 or so metal songs I have ...but I'm a metal fan through and through

80's music also pwns anything ever made ever...fact!

my penchant with Power Metal started with Dragonforce...then a friend kept letting me hear a few songs by Kamelot etc...so I thought "Bah!" and Downloaded a 5GB compilation....listened to it in it's entirety last week...now I have 30GB of power metal downloading :)

It's real easy listening stuff - awesome guitar solos, gay but good singing, long hair...what's not to like?! Oh Mikey, you HAVE to listen to "The Neverending Story" by Dragonlord...you read that song title right :D it's absolutely astounding!

Dragonforce are not cheesy u fool!!!!!! they are CLASSIC Power Metal, my mate actually knows them pretty well B):p

'da fukk is melodeth?' - dear Lord....google! :pB) good call on the In Flames and Scar Symmetry there Riko, saw In Flames live last year and they OWNED slayer allnite long!! Scar Symmetry's 'Carved in Stone' and 'Calculate the Apocalypse' are uber!

and yes 80s metal PWNS ALL!!!!! Metallica, Megadeth, Maiden, Diamond Head,Motor Head, JUDAS FREAKIN PRIEST!!!!!!!!!!! simple as that!

but Riko if u havnt listened to the latest Machine Head album The Blackening, stop wot your doing right now and go get it!!!! its the most awesome metal record to have been released for a LONG time!!!! and im sayin that as a MetClub and Megafanclub Member and DIE HARD Maiden and Priest fan!!

Phil.

Dude, I've had the album since it came out, "Aesthetics of Hate" is just....argh, Major Pwnage - From halfway on, that song has no peers! In Flames, you ASS! I SO want to see them live :p

As for 80's, I meant stuff like Falco and Dead or Alive but never you mind, 80's metal rocks too :p

hahaha Nevermore solos are played on a 7string guitar...and Jueff Loomis is a MONSTER on guitar...whereas i am NOT!!! :p :P B) B) missed Nevermore in Belfast a few yrs back because i was stoopid and ignorant! they played with DevilDriver that nite too...i suck!

BUT! 2 of my best mates now run their own promotion company which has its perks....like Diamond Head B) ;)

also man, if u wernt at Tallica in Wembley earlier this yr u should of been, we spent most of the Tallica set WITH Machine Head, singin and head bangin! it was ridiculous! and the whole time HIM and Mastadon were standin there too and we just ignored them because they're...u know...SHIT! :p :P

And was anyone else here at Hevean and Hell (Black Sabbath) w/ LOG and Iced Earth in Birmingham?? wot a gig! Napalm Death were in the crowd and apparently so were Judas Priest AND I MISSED THEM!!! DAMMIT!!!! yes I've already met them but thats not the point!!!! so annoyed at that!

Phil.