anyone used a vf 35 on a 4e before??

yea I know, just interested in something which which will increase my powerband..

not that my td05 is laggy(for a td05 set up)..

more im focusing on pure track set up..

really looking at vf turbos before I consider a garret alternative..

vf35 wont make the same power as a 16g td05 wont take the same boost levels either. Most Subaru heads ugrade from a 35 to td05.

could you explain this a bit more please?

are you talking about a stock subaru td05 turbo versus a stock vf35?

also anyone know any info on a greddy td05-14b??

They have a different flange to the normal TD05. Physically smaller aswell and at a push i'd say it would make 300. The guy i bought my starlet from had a new 14b Zisco kit and it was pretty impressive but i felt it was quite limited and a dead end if you wanted to upgrade turbos.

They have a different flange to the normal TD05. Physically smaller aswell and at a push i'd say it would make 300. The guy i bought my starlet from had a new 14b Zisco kit and it was pretty impressive but i felt it was quite limited and a dead end if you wanted to upgrade turbos.

i dont think we have enough data on greddy td05 14bs too few people have run them to really know their upper limit though that are specced to flow up to 2bar by greddy.

as for upgrades greddy make a whole range of external only actuatorless triangle flanged turbos up to and beyond what a 4e could spool, but its definitely a whole lot of money compared to a stock IHI/MHI unit.

Phil

Yeah at the time i wasnt prepared to spend out on an almost unknown territory kit. Instead i picked up that VF12.

i dont think we have enough data on greddy td05 14bs too few people have run them to really know their upper limit though that are specced to flow up to 2bar by greddy.

as for upgrades greddy make a whole range of external only actuatorless triangle flanged turbos up to and beyond what a 4e could spool, but its definitely a whole lot of money compared to a stock IHI/MHI unit.

Phil

could you explain this a bit more please?

are you talking about a stock subaru td05 turbo versus a stock vf35?

Yes a stock 16g td05 will make more power then a stock vf35 it will also flow 1.8 bar vf 35 cannot do that. The bigger vf34 which I run probably doesnt make the same power either again people with subarus seem to upgrade to 16g td05s.

Edited by Corey

i used a vf35 on my old 5e buddy got full boost down to 3500 with some nice cams and a custom inlet... good turbos, if your using 4e better off with a td05 16g if you want to make good power aswell as keep the lag a little down

Yes a stock 16g td05 will make more power then a stock vf35 it will also flow 1.8 bar vf 35 cannot do that. The bigger vf34 which I run probably doesnt make the same power either again people with subarus seem to upgrade to 16g td05s.

somehow my own research differs. i see people swapping all over the place, but they tend to go vf35/34 or for the bigger (not stock) td05 upgrades (18g, 20g, hybrids)

the oem td05 is very strong i'd agree and takes quite some abuse ---even antilag on a rally car i've seen..lol

most of these turbos seem to top out at 320/350bhp on subarus with supporting mods

however, i noticed the back end on the stock td05 is somewhat smaller than then vf35/34 which seems to affect the td05's top end in comparison to those 2 turbos

I have something near : a high compression 5e VF35 ...

Well Ramses947 :) i know you did lol

i ran a high comp 4e with 268 cams and 0.6trd hg, and a td04 went like a scalded cat.

Phil

Well Ramses947 :) i know you did lol

i ran a high comp 4e with 268 cams and 0.6trd hg, and a td04 went like a scalded cat.

Phil

i can confirm ,a 4e high compression with TD04 is very INSANE !!

Phil

About td05-14 i can give you an idea, it is a compromise between a td04 and a ihi vf28 if you have experimented them ,but the td05-14 will spool better than any VF and make more power due to boost..Meanwhile Vf28,34 are ball bearing, they are limited by their boost ...ihi vf28 is rated at 1.4b ,all Td05 can go very high in boost ...

If you love high pressure go Garrett or TD05 ...

About td05-14 i can give you an idea, it is a compromise between a td04 and a ihi vf28 if you have experimented them ,but the td05-14 will spool better than any VF and make more power due to boost..Meanwhile Vf28,34 are ball bearing, they are limited by their boost ...ihi vf28 is rated at 1.4b ,all Td05 can go very high in boost ...

If you love high pressure go Garrett or TD05 ...

:) sounds super. i seen that greddy rate them to 2bar before so interested to see what they make.

good job i just bought one :) Td05 14b here we go.

Phil