i see your dreaded brand decat isnt braced also the exhaust support bracket missing ( it will break fast !!!! ) get a bracket made up amigo

must say the buffer did a nice job :) :)

did the bracket last night so all sorted on that front dude and yeh buffer was well worth it 8)

• 4 weeks later...

20160707_190727.jpg

so on the turbo front it was the td04 i got from jdm-ep that was causing the smoke, wish i could find the feedback thread to confirm it was bad kit id bought but seems to have been deleted :thumbsup:

i was able to source 2 TF035HM turbo's (both 4cm type). my plan is to have similar ct9 response on the 4e by using a fast spooling turbo on the 5e.

with the tf035hm bolted on the smoke instantly stopped but to use it in my setup i put the td04 compressor housing on (60mm front entry).

this has kind of created a late spool as the tf035 wheel is 0.5mm smaller on the exducer so doesnt spool up aswel as it could in the tf035 comp house.

20160810_172106.jpg

taking 5e Colin's advice my plan is to rebuild the td04 core and fit the tf035 spindle and exhaust housing. accompanied with a mamba billet td04 compressor wheel and a machined housing i should be able to pack quite a punch by 3000rpm - parts on the way!

amidst the above and enjoying my daily drive i was able to sort some damaged genuine fake toms skirts.

bit of skilled repair:

IMG_20160813_194853.jpg

and a lick of paint, she now looking sweet af:

20160817_192903.jpg

Edited by turbominicooper

sweet thats great news that's going to work well for you on the 5e quick response turbo al about torque will be a tfo35hm/ tdo4l13t hybrid then ( for peeps doing research on pic of turbos above thats not a tdo4l13t )

i ordered that machined 19T core for myself to go with my 19t wheel housing and wheel that i have already will see how that works on the tfo35hm turbine shaft/spindle ( 6cm housing ) will be a whil yet before build tho ha ha

sweet thats great news that's going to work well for you on the 5e quick response turbo al about torque will be a tfo35hm/ tdo4l13t hybrid then ( for peeps doing research on pic of turbos above thats not a tdo4l13t )

i ordered that machined 19T core for myself to go with my 19t wheel housing and wheel that i have already will see how that works on the tfo35hm turbine shaft/spindle ( 6cm housing ) will be a whil yet before build tho ha ha

i can get the turbo built this week but machinist is on holiday till next saturday so dont know when will be able to get that done. should be sweet as when done.

race is on then colin, who will build turbo first :D

this has kind of created a late spool as the tf035 wheel is 0.5mm smaller on the exducer so doesnt spool up aswel as it could in the tf035 comp house.

yeh ignore this. just me being over excited to get out and drive it hadnt jubilee'd my intercooler hose on to the turbo properly.

now its on proper shes a beast! spools up at 2500rpm, 11.3 afr on boost and to be honest is starting to scare me. got it set at 10psi and its flying out of corners and overtaking / straight line acceleration is insane =@

need some decent tyres now to keep it a bit steadier on the road.

well happy. think this billet td04/tf035 build is gonna be the icing on the cake

:yahoo:

• 5 months later...

so been a bit quiet on the starlet front the last few months, mainly just been getting the motor ran in and doing little bits.

was able to source a set of Lenso D1 7x15 rims and coupled them up with a set of Rainsport 3 tyres which i have to say performance for £ wise is insanely good:

20170204_163657.jpg

20161006_171618.jpg

behind those bad boys now sits a set of twin pot st185s with D&G discs and kevlar pads, all achieved for under £100 parts - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3brj6Eb0vAY

Screenshot_2017-01-21-18-17-13.png

i had been suffering severe clutch slip, i was running the original 4efte clutch plate from when i bought the car so defo needed an upgrade, now running with an American branded XTD Stage 3 from an MR2 (thanks Colin)m wee vid on that one too - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3zexMkvDUE

20170120_093504.jpg

can you see where im going with this; uprated brakes + uprated clutch = ???

THE ABILITY TO GO FASTER =@

So with that in mind i got hold of an EMB and hooked it into my e01:

20170111_181103.jpg

I havent done any tweaking on it yet apart from wiped the previous owners maps, configured it to my engine size and injectors and linked the boost signal from the e01 to the emb using old usb computer cables... and the engine runs alot better just like that.

originally i had it set to change up from smaller injectors but it ran lean on the afr, now just setting its base as 370cc and it runs 16afr idle and 11.2 on boost

20170111_182014.jpg

not much change on the exterior apart from the lenso's all ive done is a bit of fly-eye tinting on the lights, looks ok-ish but i really do suffer at night now, running main beam and fogs doesnt compare to the wifes audi tt dip beam so might be one to remove after the summer

2017-02-08%2021.03.04.jpg

and that brings me up to tonights task of putting this lot together if you can tell what it is yet ;-)

20170208_192325.jpg

check back for a 5 month long video once its on this weekend... maybe

• 2 weeks later...

and here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNkovpo-e-k

im a bit unsure about it, a) its got a spacer behind the wheel to make it fit, B) my boost is all over the place (inconsistent) and c) my AFR readings were a bit strange plus my onboard boost gauge looked like it was pulling in 2 bar whereas my aftermarket one said 10 psi... all a bit odd.

I think what I might have to do is strip it all off, get the cassette ground to fit the wheel and then send midland for a rebuild before focusing on maybe a new actuator and a professional map on the emb.

of course I could always put the standard head gasket and do away with the 1.9mm Athena making it a true 5efHte :)

So pure td04 5efhte it could be very soon, we will see!