What the f**k does this sensor do?!

ive jsut got an induction kit, went out to fit it, and came across a little fella stuck in the top of my airbox ( not literaly a little man, i mean the sensor!! )

i pulled it out to see wat it was... just a plastic looking anal probe. i ran the car with it out just sat on my drive, and nothing out the ordinary happended,

Do i need it?? i didnt have this problem when i brought an apexi filter for my S14 200sx, and i have never come accross one.

I assume its there for a reason, but why??!!!

AIR MASS SENSOR I THINK MATE

I bud thatâ??s what it is it will run ok without it in but it is meant to be there so you are best to have it fitted or you may get sum problems over time, if the kit you have hasnâ??t got a bit for it just get the drill out and make a howl for it, do it on the under side then it will not be sticking out as you will need to seal it so dirty ear and other shit doesnâ??t get in to the engine

Re-use the rubber bung and make the hole in the pipe tight enough for it to fit without being loose.

Just what I was about to say.

You can use the stock rubber pipe on the inlet, a stainless one isnt necessary.

Just what I was about to say.

You can use the stock rubber pipe on the inlet, a stainless one isnt necessary.

you be suprised, it does make a difference mate, as the inside in the stock rubber inlet pipe isnt smooth, the air wont flow over it freely, as it would if you had a smooth stainless steel one :D

Rob

Its fitted.. bodged the sensor into the stock air pipe. LOL i brought it for £13.25 delivered, it is a very nice looking, well built, well designed peice of kit!!! The amount of induction kits we see go on the shelves at work...me and my mate there think this is definatly up with the likes of the big names. I took it out for a spin, actualy noticed a difference, definatly pulls harder in gear 1 and 2, and realy has a nice grunt!!!! well worth the dollar!! gunna start posting in the N/A build section soon, got a rite project going, already got about £600 worth of stuff on order, loads more to come!

it doesnt make that much differnce when i bought my sr it had a HKS filter fitted, at somepoint when i removed it i found my air sensor wedged behind one of the brackets so when i re-did all the intake piping i califudged it in and the car runs no different!!!

it doesnt make that much differnce

did you mean as in power?? cuz i know it dunt make loads of differece,, but for £13 it was definatly worth it. and i can notice an increase in power,,, it has definatly made the car more responsive. goes through the rev range better with no flat spots !! GER IT DARN YA

did you mean as in power?? cuz i know it dunt make loads of differece,, but for £13 it was definatly worth it. and i can notice an increase in power,,, it has definatly made the car more responsive. goes through the rev range better with no flat spots !! GER IT DARN YA

Coolio, well thats a result then!!! Mines been in for 6 months never really noticed much of a difference only thing was the idle was better than before!!

Coolio, well thats a result then!!! Mines been in for 6 months never really noticed much of a difference only thing was the idle was better than before!!

in all honesty, we do get mixed reviews about the hks filters. dont get me wrong hks parts are great, but they dont always get good feedback from scooby owners. But they are a hard core, nerdy bunch of rarseclarts. it takes a certain type of person to get into scoobys! ive never had one and never will !!!

My mate at work runs a glanza V , he has a HKS mushroom filter on and rates it so.. personal preference realy

i dont want to shoot you down 'bower' but from test's, the HKS filtration qualitys are absolutly appaling, i posted the results that someone gathered a while back :D

Rob

i do not doubt this 'fishy' but seen as the the HKS filter was free and it has been running perectly well for the past 2 years i am currentl in no rush to change although its is on my list of things todo but thanks for the advice and any chance of a linky linky to the results for future reference??