Decided to do a bit of work on the motor today as I got about 1-2k worth of things in my room so thought I'll do oil cooler test fit

image_zps693de418.jpg

image_zps2779ed8a.jpg

Comments welcome!

I know the pipes are on the bottom meaning if I don't let the oil cool down the thermostat will be open resulting in it draining all into the engine!

But think it looks tidy too have the extra wait till oil temp drops :D

Oil fittings should be on the upper side. As you have it now, air can be traped in the upper end.

I'm not sure if oil will drain to engine as it is. The one side gets pressurized oil from the pump, the other goes to engine galleries. Oil pump clearances should hold most of oil. Also i think that oil filter has a check valve in it.

Should be easy to just rotate and lower it a bit

Oil fittings should be on the upper side. As you have it now, air can be traped in the upper end.

I'm not sure if oil will drain to engine as it is. The one side gets pressurized oil from the pump, the other goes to engine galleries. Oil pump clearances should hold most of oil. Also i think that oil filter has a check valve in it.

Should be easy to just rotate and lower it a bit

^This, spin it round to the fittings are on the top

Cheers Grant, yeah i thought it would be fine as is! the only problem i will encounter is the oil draining from the cooler if i turn the car off without the oil temp droping to shut the thermostat off?