REALLY NEED ADVICE :(

Anyone give me some advise with my current situation

I was part of an accident on the m5 on Thursday night last week and my car was hit by debris a I was right behind the two cars that collided with each and a lot of it was caught under the car aswel

My toms bumper is an absolute state new uni royals are ruined exhaust flex was ruined And alignment is out

So after the damage report was done with the police I spoke to my insurance and have booked it into a garage for assessment now this where it's slowly going down hill

The assessor has valued the damage at 992 quid

And that's only for a new flex two uniroyals and a bumper repair I think that quote is outrageous trying to tell me the exhaust comes as one piece etc

And the insurance are digging there heels in when it comes to paying out saying it's not worth the cost

Where do I stand with this guys anyone been on a similar situation

There not offering me anything they have said that it's looking like it's not worth fixing due to some fucking retards assessment how can it cost that much for so little two tyres a flex and a bumper repair

Looking like all I'm going to get is book price even though ally mods are insured aswel

Got to wait for the big hoo haa to say yes we will fix it or no were not fixing it and here's a packet of peanuts :(

Insurance Companies are Bastards, you will never win, However you can offer a second opinion, go to a garage get a written quote, show your insurance company this is what you can get the repair for.

insurance companies have there own "prefered Garages" there all out to make money from the other party, thats why the repairs are so high, any write off and thery make more.

if needs be let them write the car off as there decision, insist that you dont want them to write a email or letting keep copies for you records.

if they want to write it off get the money they want to give you BUY the car back. use the money for your own repairs, no claims from your side - No increase in premiums for you as the claim will be ffrom the other side.

There are loop holes just play there games back to them.

make sure you build a strong case with copies kept for you along with names and dates, even record any calls, i had an incident ages ago with a del sol, my family relitive is a lawyer and found the loops holes for me,

put insure companies on the spot (ball in there court) they couldnt get out, and i did the same write off buy back not my fault not high premiums for me :thumbsup:

hope this helps,

kind regards,

Luke

This is my argument the damaged caused isn't

Structural or extreme it's a simple repair and they are wanting to write it off Because of the ridiculous quote

They Havnt yet but that's the way they are leaning so

Tyres and a flex need replacing = write off

SURELY NOT !

I've just told them if it is the case and you are going to write off my car over that I'm cancelling the claim as I Havnt paid anything yet

Just wanted to no where I stood and thanks for the advice

It's such a frustrating situation they Havnt even given liability yet either so pissd of

tell the insurance company how much you can get it fixed for go to another garage or get a trader on her to make up a quote for you.

I had to get my mate a cheap quote from a local workshop so his car didn't get written off,