Looking to do a chassis swap for a EP71, was wondering if anybody read about this being done. The only one I found online was with a vovlo 240. I was thinking of using a junk chassis from first gen Rav4.

I wanted a EP60, but none were imported to my country, hence the next option seems like a chassis swap for the EP71. Labor is cheap hence it makes sense for me to do it instead of buying a newer model 4wd, thing is car costs 2-3x compare to the US and UK. Chopping and building my own is the way to go. I'm trying to keep it the same make, hence going with a rav4.

Based on Toyotas website below are the wheel base spec for the EP71

ength(mm)

Width(mm)

Height(mm)

Wheelbase(mm)

And here are the one for first gen Rav4 2 door

Length(mm)

Width(mm)

Height(mm)

Wheelbase(mm)

And here are the specs for first gen Rav4 5 door

Length(mm)

Width(mm)

Height(mm)

Wheelbase(mm)

I'm leaning towards the 5 door since it cost less as they are more abundant, but that would require more cutting. I think the chassis dimensions are close enough to make it doable without too much headache.

What are your thoughts? any help would be appreciated, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

is the car your using a genuine EP71 with the turbo kit or just an ep70? if its an ep70 work away, if its an ep71 turbo id suggest you keep it and get an ep70 and use that shell, very little turbo's left… will be an interesting project to keep an eye on

I actually did not purchase a car yet, but they are abundant here, prices range from around $2500 and up (yea quite pricy here, but these are consider as cheap if you want a project car and to tinker with). The turbo models are indeed rare here also, actually even two doors models are difficult to come by.